Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MeGotBeer:
Wes,

If the queen does die in the next film, I am personally going to lock you in a room with Omega for a week.

Oh now thats just not nice.

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon-

do you plan on adding 29th century era weapons to your page? your page is actually pretty cool.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem*
Wes
Member # 212

ahh I was looking for the 29th Century combadge. I just assumed that tihisone was 2390's
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhh, yeah. I know I did do an icon involving the 29th century commbadge (aka the Chronowerx logo) but didn'y use it in the end. Maybe it'll crop up in the massive redesign I keep telling myself I'll do.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the IMDB Poll (note: results may change!):

George Lucas has said he named Star Wars: Episode II the Attack of the Clones in an attempt to recapture some of the fun and adventure of the halcyon days of moviemaking. After this whacky choice, what do you think was most likely his second runner-up?

Bride of Jar-Jar (32.6%)
Anakin Skywalker: Boy Jedi (20.1%)
Obi-Wan and Anakin Meet the Wolfman (13.9%)
The Road to Coruscant (12.7%)
The Rebel Gang in "Clone-in' Around" (12.5%)
Other (6.8%)
The Big Cantina Broadcast of 2002 (1.4%)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudos to that 1.4% for getting in a Transformers reference. It's stuff like that that give me the will to carry on.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So wait. He picked the name because he knew it was a dumb, B-movie type sounding name?

This...is...SAD.

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, I doubt a lot of critics are going to say it's a stupid title. Instead from what I could tell, they'll try to make slight hints at that without actually saying it's dumb.

For example most statements come out as "Well George Lucas is such a visionary! Who else would think to use a b-movie title for a movie like Star Wars! He's a genius! Lucas pays homage to 1950's movie titles!"

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, Lucas' best movie successes have been geared for "b" movies ...

Star Wars ... Indiana Jones ...

I mean, "The Temple of Doom" is kind of "B"-ish too.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is true. Those titles have had similar connotations. But seriously, "Attack of the Clones"? Wouldn't "The Clone Wars" or some-such be a little more palatable? I really don't think I can take this movie seriously with a name like that.

The thing about Indiana Jones is that you're not exactly supposed to take it seriously. It sort of like a comic book adventure. MAny have said this to be true of Star Wars also, and in the beginning it was true, but now George has turned it into this big, epic story which just doesn't fit with the title.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. I recall hearing that Star Wars was originally suppose to be a satire on sci-fi movies. When it gained popularity though, suddenly it became this huge epic story.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Wes
Member # 212

This is the way I see it.

A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
The Return of the Jedi

The Temple of Doom
The Lost Ark
The Last Crusade

all boring titles alone, but give them 20-30 years of being huge sucesses and great movies to back those titles up, and they sound normal...

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Temple of Doom sucked.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a few large differences, which I thought I had already pointed out, but perhaps the heat is causing me to hallucinate. Anyway, a friend of mine mentioned the "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" title too, and despite the fact that it is dreadfully dull and parses oddly, it is not a cliche.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps