Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » AoTC - At last, Star Wars has returned!! $$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: AoTC - At last, Star Wars has returned!! $$
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was more creeped out when Anni was hitting on Padme than Yoda commanding the Clone army. I've seen better pickup lines being used on Dawson's Creek... Anyway, the movie wasn't as dark as I thought and the action scenes with Yoda opening a can of whoopass was worth seeing Portman and Christensen force out a romance onscreen.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went to premiere night too (and saw it on DLP w00t!) and AoTC ruled. notice that "Around the survivors, a perimeter create!" isn't really yoda speak? in my theater everybody was like "wtf?!?" when he said that line. oh well, it didn't spoil the yoda wig out session [Big Grin] .

--jacob

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it wasn't Yoda speak, it'd've been "create a perimeter around the survivors!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's not yoda speak because it does not follow yoda speak pattern. never before has yoda inverted sentence fragments in such a way. always before he has inverted one word suject/predicate relationships. yoda talks normal for most complex sentences. "around the survivors, a perimeter create" sounds contrived and forced. they made it yoda speak for the sake of yoda speak, not because it fits into yoda speak. there is a thread at theforce.net forum if you are interested in seeing why it isn't yodaese. just do a search to find the thread over there.

--jacob

IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figure that if it followed Yoda's usual pattern, it would've been: "A perimeter around the survivors create!"

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I found interesting is that, when I read the book, I got the impression that Anakin actually had feelings for Amidala. However, watching the movie, it looked more like he was just trying to get in her pants. I'm still debating whether this was a result of bad acting, or good acting...
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get some people. Why would you read a book before you see the movie? I actually LIKE being surprised by a movie, so that's why I don't read all of the spoliers for things.

--------------------
Meh

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't question Tim. He knows things.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers: I didn't want to go to the movie and see all the spoilers for the book before reading it.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was equally appalled by how un-subtle Anakin was with Padme. I mean...usually, when guys talk to girls like that, it scares the heck out of them. "I've thought of you every day for 10 years" to someone you're just seeing again is stalker material.

Now...I suppose it's fairly realistic. The guy probably hasn't had much experience with the ladies. But still.... that's coming on a bit strong. It's a good thing he's good looking, because between his hitting on her and his tantrum...there are parts of the romance I just didn't see working.

But, then...I'm bitter when it comes to relationships.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering during the movie if he was going to rape her and that is what turned him to the Darkside.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the boy's gone through the best years of his life in complete abstention. Gotta give him some credit for not immediately jumping on top of Padme 'n rippin' her clothes off.

[ May 20, 2002, 13:03: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Member # 239

Leave that to the creature in the Arena. Like that wasn't a flimsy excuse to get her clothes lessened.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps