Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » AoTC - At last, Star Wars has returned!! $$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: AoTC - At last, Star Wars has returned!! $$
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else expecting Episode III to have Amidala in a Princess-Leia-as-Jabba's-slave-style outfit?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I see it, at the end of Episode III she'll have either been pregnant the whole movie and give birth to the twins or find out that she's pregnant after Anakin slips her the brick earlier in the movie. It'd probably be the latter so that Lucas can do a steamy sex scene. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that it doesn't turn out like when Anni has a dream about his mother. The entire theatre was snickering because it looked like he was having an orgasm. Not that I minded...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got to see it tonight. I really liked it, and so did Kate - her opinion of Yoda is "I want one!"

For some reason that whole "Jedi don't have nightmares" "I heard you" exchange had people rolling in the aisles. Maybe there's a joke I missed, unless it was just Hayden's acting. . .

And, personally, the R2D2 - C3PO exchanges seemed perfect to me. OK, "What a drag" was maybe a bit too much, but "I'm beside myself" - instant classic!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I want one too. I want a old jumping green midget too.

I think Lucas should have let someone else write the love scenes who actually knew what they were doing in my opinion.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that concerns me: Christensen is going to have to improve his acting a hell of a lot in about a year in order to carry off the scenes we expect of Anakin Skywalker turning to the Dark Side. And I don't think he can do it.

In an ideal world the next film would be set five to ten years later, and a different actor would be playing AS. Can anyone think of a tall late-twenties-early thirties actor who could carry it off? Sod's law we'd get Tom Cruise! Is it absolutely certain H ayden C. is going to be in the next film? Probably about as 'certain' as Stuart Townsend playing Aragorn I know, but has he at least been signed?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Hayden will be in Episode III.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I'm not bothered by that. Yeah, some of the love stuff seemed a bit forced, but his "I slaughtered them. And not just the men, but the women, and children" bit gave me the chills.

Although that was possibly because they were blasting out the Emperor's Theme and Imperial March at full power at that point.

And the 3P0/R2 stuff was brilliant. Easily the funniest Threepio's ever been. Yeah, the "what a drag" was the worst joke ever, but when you combine it with the second worst joke ever, it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard.

I didn't think the comic relief was forced either. Certainly not as bad as that near the end of Empire ("Turn around Chewbacca". Way to ruin the tension there Threepio. Although you recovered magnificantly with "Of course I've looked better!"). And they got rid of it before the important Annakin/Obi-Wan/Dooku/Yoda fight, which was abso-fucking amazing. It was the perfect combination of the graceful Episode 1 "dancing", and the Empire/Jedi emotion-filled attacks.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As evidence that I am a big fat idiot man, I enjoyed Mr. Christensen's performance. The dialogue was a bit forced, due to it being silly and all, but he was convincing.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I was disappointed with the Jedi sabre sequences...

1. Annakin and Obi-Wan - made to look woefully inept.
2. Yoda - hello!?! He looked like frelling Sonic The Hegehog... it's like they deliberately made Yoda move so fast, so you couldn't tell that he was a CGI creation.

Disappointing - nothing majestic like the end battle (Q-G, O-W, DM) at the end of ep. 1. That final Obi-Wan/Maul confrontation - where they go full pelt - there is that bit where they sorta stop - and their sabres are sorta held out there - you know the bit - I was watching it again before ATOC on a large screen with 5.1 THX sound (it was like a mini-theatre) at a Music Store - and they turned the sound way up, and I asked to jump forward to the light-sabre battle... It was WAY better than Ep. 2.

Oh and FOR ONCE they acknowledge that those bloody light-sabres give off light of their own.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1. Annakin and Obi-Wan - made to look woefully inept.
Well, gee, look who they were fighting -- a very powerful former Jedi Knight. This isn't Darth Maul, who seemed to have had Jedi training for about the same length of time as Obi-Wan ... this was a Knight who had been an accomplished Master before Obi-Wan was even born (no doubt)! We saw that he was better tuned to the Force then either of them, on par with Yoda.

I don't think they were made to look inept. I don't know why you do. I think they were made to look not strong enough to defeat a Master Jedi with that level of skill.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were parts of the final lightsaber duel in Ep 2 that I really dug, like Anakin's attack with two sabers and the grace with which Dooku disarmed him (figuratively and literally). But I just don't think anything will compare to the Darth Maul sequence in Ep 1. I watched it again the other day and it's just awesome.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, the lightsabre battle made Obi-wan and Anakin look terrible. I know the book said something about Anakin was actually weakening Dooku. Obi-wan did little after well placed hits on him. Yoda actually tired Dooku.

So the bug question who will kill Dooku in the next movie? Yoda or Anakin? Since only these two has the power to defeat Dooku.

And if Anakin is that powerful that he can wear down Dooku who could easily dispose of Obi-wan, then how can Obi-wan defeat or disable Anakin which has been hinted by a few people.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I've just got back from watching AoTC and I have to say that it was crap!

The acting was crap, the dialog was crap. The Yoda fight was funny and the special effects were cool. I wanted to walk out after 45 minutes (my how time flies when you're bored s***less!), but only stayed to watch the Jedi fighting scenes - which were most definately not as good as I had been led to believe. The acting in the Anakin and Amidala scenes were complete crap, not to mention so forced. Ewan McGregor was a prat and so unconvincing as a Jedi or even as a credible actor. I personally think George Lucas should not have bothered with the prequals - thank God he ain't doing any sequels!!!

Out of about 200 seats in the theatre, 40 seats were taken - that's 20%!!! After a few weeks any other film, like a Star Trek film, would still have 50%+ seats taken. This is a bad sign - if it didn't have "Star Wars", "Jedi" and "George Lucas" attached to it, then this film would be a total flop.

"Around the survivors, a perimeter create!" isn't really Yoda speak? You'll have to do a hell of a lot of work to convince me of that! [Razz]

All-in-all: I WANT A REFUND!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. You can do simple math. You must be a genius.

On a Monday morning half the seats would be taken for a Trek film? Sure they would. What crack are YOU smoking?

You're entitled to your opinion. But a lot of what you said above is just stupid (namely, the bit about how many more seats would be taken by another film). It's a MONDAY morning. People are at work, or school, or they've already seen it fifty times.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps