Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Lightsabres and stuff. (Uh, $$$, probably) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Lightsabres and stuff. (Uh, $$$, probably)
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, only lightsabres.

OK, we've seen Green, Blue, Red and Purple, right?

Who has wielded what color when?

What do the colors indicate? I thought they might mean Padawan and Master, but that's not right.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the colors neccessarily MEAN anything ...

... with the exception of red, which seems to be only used by the Sith (Vader, Dooku, Maul).

It might just be a thing of personal preference.

I was a bit dissapointed not to see more colors show up in the arena fight ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who sported what when:

-Blue first appeared as Anakin/Luke's and Ben's sabers in ANH.
-Red was Vader's from ANH.
-Green was Luke's in ROTJ.
-Purple first appeared (I believe) on the packaging of Kenner's "Shadows of the Empire" toy line. The Ki-Adi-Mundi figure from the Episode One line had a purple saber. And, of course, Mace Windu had a purple one in AOTC.

What the colors mean:

Essentially nothing. The color depends on the gem that is used to focus the saber's energy. The Sith use synthetic gems that produce a red glow, but apparently there are also natural gems of this color too, as Leia and Adi Gallia both had red sabers. (According to the Kenner figures, that is.)

Snay, I too was most disappointed to see only blue and green in the arena. I've always wanted to see other colors as well, like yellow or white or orange, etc...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ May 19, 2002, 21:02: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Blue first appeared as Anakin/Luke's"

So, he gets a blue one at some point after Episode II, I suppose.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, Anakin's lightsaber is quite blue in AotC.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but it gets CHOPPED in half, remember?

And it looked purple to me ... especially in the Tusken camp. Seeing the film again tomorrow, tho.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Member # 239

He fights Dooku with a green one, SmarmThrust.

Blue/Purplish:
http://www.jedinet.com/prequels/multimedia/pictures/Episode_II/Characters/Anakin_Skywalker/60.jpg

Green:
http://www.jedinet.com/prequels/multimedia/pictures/Episode_II/Soundtrack/aotc_soundtrack_015.jpg

Starts off with a blue one. Loses it. Where? In the Droid Foundry? Doesn't it burn out? After? He gets a green one in the pit fight, and he keeps that one until the end. Right?

He has a red one in some of the promo posters, too. Which mean as much as something that doesn't.

So Obi and Annie have blue at the beginning?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

UM,

The Dooku fight is AFTER the Tusken Camp. Have you SEEN the movie yet? LOL.

His original lightsaber is lost in the droid factory -- after he gets his arm trapped by that plate metal. When he's freed, a piece of machinery chops the saber in half. He tries to activate it, realizes it is only half there, and mutters "not *again!*"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it malfuctioned from being trapped in the metal thingy.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It gets cut in half, perhaps from being trapped in that metal thingy. Anakin tries to activate it, looks over and sees that the top half is gone and the bottom half is sparking.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But wasn't Anakin fighting with TWO sabers against Dooku in the final fight scene? Because one had its handle sliced in half by Dooku, and then Anakin kept fighting with the other one until he got his arm lopped off.

I suppose he got his "new" lightsaber from one of the other Jedi... maybe they carry spares? [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oy! Here we go:

Anakin started out with a BLUE lightsaber in the movie. There was nothing purple-ish about it. It was damaged in the droid foundry on Geonosis. In the arena, when the Jedi showed up, someone tossed him and Obi-Wan sabers. (Both of them not their own, naturally.) Anakin's was green and Obi-Wan's was blue. Later, in the fight with Dooku, Anakin uses both these sabers, though the green one is cut in half by Dooku near the beginning of the fight.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've mentioned this before, in a recent interview with Lucas, he said that Blue and Green are for the "Good Guys" and Red is for the "Bad Guys."

Why is Mace Windu's saber purple? According to Samuel L. Jackson, he requested his saber be different from the rest so that in this giant battle people would be able to pick him out of the rest. "Mace is one of the higher-up Jedi's so he deserves his own color." (paraphrasing)

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking really carefully to try and see what the two sabers that they used in the arena looked like. The Green one that Anakin had appeared to be a reuse of one of the Episode 1 hilts that were barely visible. Doesn't matter, because the only time you see it closely is when it gets chopped in half, and even then you only see it for a second. The Blue one that Obiwan tosses him I only caught for a spilt second, and even then, I only saw the top half, but it looked suspiciouly like Ben Kenobi's from ANH or Luke's from RotJ.

I'm not saying it was, but if the third movie takes place fairly soon after this one, Obi Wan may just keep the one that he got tossed in the arena. That one didn't get destroyed, it's the one Anakin had when he lost his arm.

There were several purple blades in the arena fight (I had really hoped to see yellow and orange too) but Mace Windu's hilt is quite different in this movie from anyone elses. The commercial for the movie calls it an "Electrum lightsaber" whereas all the others are described as "crystal lightsabers". They never really explain why he has a different saber in this movie than he did in Ep 1, either. It's cerainly possible that he lost it somehow.

[ May 20, 2002, 10:17: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

Member # 239

MS: Well, yes. I was slightly dru- no, I was just unsure of what I was asking.

Well, seeing as how people essentially said the things that I was thinking as factual, and that I am certainly not the founts of Knowledge that everyone else is, I know the fucking score right now, British Faeries.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps