Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Lightsabres and stuff. (Uh, $$$, probably) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Lightsabres and stuff. (Uh, $$$, probably)
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen this site before. Besides the disdain he shows for the crystal theory, which I happen to think is fairly plausible, the fighting style breakdown is actually very good. However, he seems to forget that this is movie fighting ...it's not enough for it to be technically correct...it has to look good. It has to be cool and flowing and it has to keep the butts in the seats.

One of my biggest gripes with his arguements is what he says about Qui Gon going out of his way to protect the "stupid" Obi Wan. Does it not occur to anyone that a Jedi pair probably work as a team on purpose? They can probably sense the other's intentions protect one another as part of their teamwork.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WERUreo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if this has already been addressed or not...

I just got back from watching AOTC a second time, and I paid special attention to certain scenes...

First, the battle on Geonosis... Every single lightsabre wielded in that battle, save Mace Windu's, is either blue or green. Windu was the only exception with his purple one. There is also a scene near the beginning of the movie where Yoda is training some very young Padawan with lightsabres. There are blue and green sabres there also. Lastly, Yoda wields a green lightsabre.

So, as far as the colors of lightsabres goes, at least in the movies, Red/Green/Blue seems to be the standard, with one exception (what a bad motherfucka)

As far as the difference between blue and green, I don't think there is any real distinction between who gets what color... I noticed some of the Jedi Council wielding blue sabres, yet Yoda has a green one. Anakin starts with a blue one and ends up with a green one (the one he was given at the battle of Geonosis)

Oh yeah, on the conveyor belt, when Anakin's hand is trapped, his lightsabre is cut in half when the last machine comes down and frees his hand.

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once the gods smile upon me, I shall recieve the gift of working screencap software. Then, we will see that MUEReieio's words are indeed true.

Okay.

Fight Sequence #1
Fight Sequence #2
Fight Sequence #3
Anakin's New Green one

The quality is shite, but Greens and Blues only. So whomever says they saw a pink or white or orange one, well they're talking through shit-stained teeth.

[ May 25, 2002, 00:29: Message edited by: The Ulcer Mongoose ]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ May 25, 2002, 00:30: Message edited by: The Ulcer Mongoose ]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

IT WAS HIM!!!^

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My God... SHIELDS! SHIELDS!

I sense much evil from that photo.... [Eek!]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect that if that guy showed us his lightsaber, it would be flesh-colored...
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that Ralphie from "A Christmas Story"?

All grown up, and off to college...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it when Mike contributes. Did you get that from UglyPeople.com?

Yes, after seeing it a second time, I will admit that we've got blue, green, red, and Sammy L.'s purple blade....and that's it.

I'm still curious as to why they didn't show more colors, though. It's pretty obvious that if we didn't see any others here...we won't see any others. I mean, you get 100 Jedi together and only have one odd color...it's pretty obvious there aren't going to be any different ones.

I'll never believe that the blade color is determined by the user, though. There's just too much evidence against it. It may not be the crystal either, but it's something to do with the hilt. We see people swapping sabers and getting spares...we see non-Jedi using sabers... and the blade color always stays the same. It's got to be the hilt, not the user that effects the color of the blade.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But wouldn't saying that it's differences in the hilt include the possibility of its being the jewel thing?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yes. I believe it is the jewel they use. But alot of people don't.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the green and blue lightsabres are a sort of Drazi thing. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh yeah, on the conveyor belt, when Anakin's hand is trapped, his lightsabre is cut in half when the last machine comes down and frees his hand.
All I could think of while watching this scene was Homer with his hands stuck in the pop machine and then the fireman asked him if he is just holding on to the pop. Homer says "ya so what's your point" then he is laughed out of the plant.
Makes you wonder if he would have died there just holding on to his sabre.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually UM found that pic on something awful.. in the nevermind thread he claimed it was his brother, Reynolds Magnus

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Makes you wonder if he would have died there just holding on to his sabre.
Probably. I was wondering why he didn't just turn it on to cut himself out. I'm going to go watch the movie again tonight specifically so that I can ponder this weighty question.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps