Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Crazy theory #101 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Crazy theory #101
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disclaimer: mental capacities of Yours Truly are somewhat diminished due to consumption of alcoholic beverages.

Palpatine is Anakin's father! The kid could've been conceived through Sidious' manipulation of the Force!

*notices several pairs of raised eyebrows*

Ok, so that sounded plain ridiculous. Seemed somewhat more plausible than this whole Immaculate Conception(tm) nonsense, though [Big Grin]

[ June 07, 2002, 13:53: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a rumor that an early draft of Ep II had Shmi admitting to Anakin that he had a father, and she lied about that whole created by the Force bit.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't the Force want to create someone who turned out good, though? [Wink]

--------------------
Meh

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well he did turn out good, in the end..

but the birth of Anakin led to the birth of Leia and Luke and led to the new order created at the end of p6.. presumably, from there, either Luke or Leia's children or Luke or Leia themselves would supposedly serve to bring balance to the Force. So basically the Force caused a whole deal of bad stuff to happen in order to have the final balancing result.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we may be overlooking something though...what if Anakin isn't the Chosen One? The Jedi think that he is. They're basing that on his Midichlorian count. But what if the Chosen One is actually Luke?

Just a thought...but the Jedi aren't always right...and they don't really understand this prophecy of theirs...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I think we may be overlooking something though...what if Anakin isn't the Chosen One? The Jedi think that he is. They're basing that on his Midichlorian count. But what if the Chosen One is actually Luke?

Luke Skywalker is a bridge. He is the last of the old Jedi, having been taught by Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda; he is also the first of the new Jedi, those that he trains. Being the only Jedi for a time means that there is balance -- no contention, only Luke. But who brings about that state of affairs? I'd say Anakin, spurred on by Luke to desert the Vader persona and the Dark Side, killing the Emperor. The removal of Palpatine costs Anakin his life, thus bringing the Jedi to one singular, balanced point -- the Force is in balance.

(Just a crazy theory written while in desperate need of sleep... zzzzzzz)

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Palpatine could handle Shmi in the bedroom. Thus, your theory is kaput.
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My theory is that Anakin is the chosen one because he is the only one powerful enough to defeat Darth Sidious.

Yoda talks about the "Dark side clouding everything" Anakin by becoming Darth Vader then later reverting back to the light side and killing Sidious in effect leaves the Sith Order with no one to carry it on.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, maybe, there is no "balance of the force!" After all, it's just a prophecy -- even Yoda & Co. aren't sure if this is what's going on, they just see all those medi-chlorean-thingymuhbobbers and decide "oooooh, aaaaah, mechuma-mechuma!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the force needs to be balanced, what happens after RoTJ? In the real "Star Wars" and not any of the silly EU. You've only got Luke and Leia. But there aren't any Sith.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Leia goes evil, and tries to get nominated to Chancellor of the New Republic, but she's really scheming to sieze control because she's Adolf Hitler's daughter and she's got his head frozen in ice after her mommy escaped the Soviets in a secret time machine that transported her a "long time ago," to "a galaxy far, far, away ..."
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Anakin already bringing balance to the Force? For thousands of years, the light side has been much much much more powerful than the dark side. Anakin is going to help bring the dark side back up to speed. Hence, balance.
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there have always been lots o' Jedi and only 2 Sith... "Only two there are, a master and an apprentice". (The Sith killed each other until there were two).

I don't know if the 'balance' has anything to do with "Good v Evil" Force users.

Clearly before they met Annakin, there was "an imbalance", and after luke kills Palpatine he restores the balance... presumably.

So maybe it's Palpatine who is the 'unbalancing force' - 'scuse the pun.

And I always had an inkling that maybe Qui-Gon was Annakin's father... the way that Shmi was looking at him and him at her a few times there in TPM... I dunno.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Member # 239

Mark Hamill should play some wierd old guy in Episode III who turns out to be Anakin's dad. That would be like all cool.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps