Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Crazy theory #101 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Crazy theory #101
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought about that too but the way I see it Sidious has somehow gained the power of sight that Yoda and Mace once shared which would go along with what Yoda said in AOTC about his being blind to the clone army and such.

I'm starting to believe alot more in that finite force theory that Aban was talking about. Obi Wan spoke of the "Dark Times" in ANH obviously refering to the rise of the Empire and the destruction of the Jedi.

I think during these "Dark times" the Dark Side of the force took over kinda nudging the Light Side over and of course weakening the Jedi.

IMO Anakin brings balance to the force through ending the "dark times" by killing Sidious.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The general idea is that Anakin kills most of the Jedi, then he kills the Emperor, then dies leaving the legacy to his son.

It should be noted even though that the Jedi may believe that Anakin is the Chosen One, he actually in his prime can not compete against Luke when he's in his prime. That's if we count the books, and that at one point, it was once said that Luke himself was even more powerful than Yoda. So you got the sinlge most powerful Force user and not even a equal in power Sith.

Then again I wonder how this can bring balance to the Force when all there is, are Light Side Force users and little to none Dark Side users...

[ June 09, 2002, 15:02: Message edited by: Matrix ]

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the whole balance thing is based on the power of the light and dark sides and not the actual number of people. Sidious obviously has a tremendous amount of power, maybe that in itself is what started the imbalance of the force. So instead of having an equal amount of Sith knights, Sidious himself harnessed all that nice dark force power as opposed to having several Sith lords with lesser amounts of power.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there should be a Star Wars Episode 4 1/2 The Star Trek Menace where Palpatine sends Anakin Vader to blow up the Star Trek universe, but the Klingons fly cloaked birds-of-prey into his Mini Star Destroyers, so Palpatine builds him a bunch of Average Star Destroyers, and Anakin Vader wipes out the Klingons but the Jem'Hadar start blowing them up, so Palpatine builds him a Super Star Destroyer and Anakin Vader wipes everyone out, but he's hurt really badly and becomes Darth Vader in memory of his bestest buddy Darth Dooku, who was killed by Obi-Wan Kenobi, who used to be Anakin Vader's best friend before he slept with Padme Amidala and pushed Anakin Vader off a rope bridge over into a pit of hot lava, but he survived because the evil Kali cult members ripped his heart out and lowered him into the flame, but his heart didn't burn up, so they made him their god and called him "daddy-waddy", but Anakin was embarassed by that name, so he just decided to call himself Nader after the American President candidate, but he can't pronounce "n" so it comes out Vader, but all the big jedi boys made fun of him, so he killed them all and that was a big surprise to everyone so then Palpatine made him Anakin Vader because Skywalker is a wussy wussy name for a not-nice lord of the evil Force and then he decided to kill everyone in the Star Trek universe especially that annoying brat kid Wesley who won the pod race every episode and saved the Federation Starship Enterprise NCC-1701-D, and they should have kept him around, because after he left the Federation Starship Enterprise NCC-1701-D went kabloooie and they had to get a new Federation Starship Enterprise, but this one was NCC-1701-E and not NCC-1701-D because NCC-1701-D went kabloooie and they had to get a new Federation Starship Enterprise that was NCC-1701-E and if Wesley had been on the Federation Starship Enterprise NCC-1701-E in Star Wars Episode 4 1/2 The Return of the Trekkies he could've blown up Anakin Vader's super star destroyer, and Palpatine would have had to build a XXL Super Star Destroyer and if Wesley was still on the Federation Starship Enterprise NCC-1701-E that would have gotten blowned up too, and soon Palpatine would have had to build a Super-Super-Extra Gulp Star Destroyer so big it took up the whole galaxy and Wesley would destroy that too by winning the pod race and then Anakin would get spanked for leading the Evil Galactic Empire to ruin and thus enabling the small rebellion in Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope Special Edition and Star Wars Episode V Empire Strikes Back Special Edition and Star Wars Episode VI The Return of the Jedi Special Edition to defeat them for good and make Anakin Vader cry for all the bad things he'd ever ever ever done but it should be episode III I/II, not 4 1/2 that was silly and 3 1/2 doesn't have the roman numerical thing going so that's silly like a BMC too and I'm sorry.

*phew!*

Try saying THAT all at once! [Big Grin]

[ June 09, 2002, 17:18: Message edited by: Snay ]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... you know, Yoda and Luke could see the Future in Ep5, and yet the Jedi couldn't in Ep2. Jedi could appear as ghosts in Ep6, but not as of Ep2. Something happened to the Force in EP3. Something BIG. It's possible that this had to do with Anakin's conversion, or the death of the Jedi, or something else entirely.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unrelated.

The Jedi who were killed in the Arena fight were shown to be dead on the ground. No disappearance. Hm. Perhaps vanishing is the exception, not the rule.

[ June 09, 2002, 21:10: Message edited by: Magna Ultrus ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can no one see the big difference in how Yoda and Kenobi and Vader/Anakin died ... and the way Qui-Gon and the supernumery Jedi in EpII died?

It seems that Jedi who die as a direct result of engaging in combat (i.e., in the middle of a firefight) do not become ghosts. Perhaps only "pure" light-sided Jedi can become ghosts, and dueling (no matter the reason) borders on the dark side?

PS, did no one like my long run on sentence? I thought it was funny. Then again, I think UM is a funny guy, so I have no sense of humor. [Big Grin]

I do think its kind of funny how UM, in EVER OTHER forum on this site is all sarcastic, and cutting whit, and top of his form and whatnot, but here on the Star Wars board he's all serious. It's ... well, it's not normal seeing UM actually contribute to a thread! It's nice, don't get me wrong, just not normal. [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd think that Yoda and Obi Wan used their remaining powers to transcend or whatever into the force. Obi Wan pretty much didn't even die, Vader's saber went woosh, Obi Wan smiled or something and faded out. I think it was his choice to become one with the force in the way he did. With the Jedi as diminished as they were in the last episodes, Yoda and Obi Wan likely gave themselves to the force completely to keep it strong.

[ June 09, 2002, 21:38: Message edited by: DeadCujo ]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It seems that Jedi who die as a direct result of engaging in combat (i.e., in the middle of a firefight) do not become ghosts."

That would, of course, rule out Obi-Wan, who died in combat w/ Vader.

So, Obi-Wan died when Vader cut him. Yoda died because he was nine hundred years old. Vader died because Palpatine zapped him w/ lightning. Qui-Gon died when he got Maul's lightsaber through his bowels. And the Jedi in the Geonosis battle died by getting shot, or tossed to the ground from high places, or other such things.

I'm not seeing any readily distinguishable disappear/don't disappear categories emerging.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

No, not at all.

Obi-Wan wasn't fighting Vader when he died. He wasn't in a combat stance, and he wasn't resisting the blow. He put his lightsaber up, and allowed himself to be killed.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I like the idea that Qui Gon was the first Jedi to figure out how to become one with the Force...or at least, retain his identity after death. Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin seem to do it more fully since their bodies also disappear and they can reappear to people... but the fact that we heard Qui Gon's voice in Ep 2 suggests he's still around.

My guess is that Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin will uncover something about Qui Gon in Ep 3 that will lead them to learn about this whole "retaining your identity" thing.

Just a thought.

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
It should be noted even though that the Jedi may believe that Anakin is the Chosen One, he actually in his prime can not compete against Luke when he's in his prime. That's if we count the books, and that at one point, it was once said that Luke himself was even more powerful than Yoda. So you got the sinlge most powerful Force user and not even a equal in power Sith.

I'm sorry? What are we taking to be Anakin's 'prime'? (I'm assuming we're all agreed that Luks is at his best in ROTJ.) Luke only beat Anakin/Vader once, and that was when (a) Luke was driven by fury, (b) Vader was emotionally torn. Lucan has decribed the ROTJ duel as "an untrained boy fighting a cripple." I don't think we really know how Luke and Anakin would have matched up if both at their best.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Luke was at his best IN THE FILMS in ROTJ. In the EU, he got considerably better over the years.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Well, Luke was at his best IN THE FILMS in ROTJ.

Yes, but Anakin/Vader was far from being at his best at that time, both physically and emotionally.
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it had been agreed that the greatest Jedi Master of all time was R2-D2?

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps