Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Crazy theory #101 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Crazy theory #101
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Jake Lloyd can appear as a very young Luke! And he can wear a wig, and be Leia too!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not George Lucas my friend? Yet?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yippeee!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering... It doesn't really sound to me as if Yoda were saying that the Sith have existed in twosomes throughout known history. The phrasing *could* mean that, but he could just be saying in wonderment that he's only sensing the existence of two Sith at the time: "Only two there are" when there should have been hundreds!

Given the temptations of the Cool Side, there should probably be much more Sith candidates than there are Jedi candidates. And the Jedi are an exclusive club, quite willing to turn down promising students, and hardly making an effort of protecting all those strong in the Force from becoming evil.

So one would assume that the natural "balance" of the Force would heavily favor the hordes of bumbling amateurs who quickly succumb to the Cool Side. The Jedi would be the ones outnumbered, not the Sith. To have the numbers of the Sith drop to mere two would be a serious imbalance indeed...

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I understand it, though, the Sith are generally considered to be extinct. So people aren't out there looking for them to join up. And according to their own rules, they keep it to a twosome. According to some of the books, the Sith believe that the Force exists in finite amounts. Therefore, the more people you have using it, the less powerful each user can be. This is one reason they keep it to two people. One to be the master, and one to carry it on. They're essentially waiting for the time when the Jedi have depleated their strength to the point that the Sith can reassert themselves.

The Jedi don't really seem to understand this prophecy at all. Because, you're all right...the Boring Side is extremely dominant right now. Bringing balance would almost certainly mean bad things for the Jedi. However, the Jedi also believe in serving the will of the Force, so maybe they're determined to do that even if it means bad things will happen.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hereby serve notice that if Luke and Leia appear in any capacity other than foetuses (foeti?) I will take out a contract on one G. Lucas.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could see them appearing as new borns (in other words...if Padme gives birth during the film)... but if they're old enough to talk and generally annoy me...it'll ruin the whole thing.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is THAT what a newborn is? [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about talking foetuses!?!

"I was going down to placenta-head to get some POWER-CONVERTERS!!"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

LOL...yah...I didn't figure you needed a dictionary or anything... I just meant, as opposed to being several weeks or months old. I think the oldest we should see them is fresh from the oven.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, Yoda didn't say that there are "only" two. He said there are "always" two.

However, one could assume he was talking about the Sith lords. There could be numerous dark Jedi serving under the two and only two lords.

[ June 07, 2002, 14:40: Message edited by: TSN ]

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In eps 1 and 2 Yoda makes many comments about the Jedi Order's losing its abilities with the force.

"Blind we are if creation of this clone army we could not see"

"Victory! Victory you say? Master Obi-Wan, not victory. The shroud of the dark side has fallen, begun the clone war has"

Perhaps the presence of the Sith as AndrewR suggested is the inbalance. Darth Maul made reference to "Revenge" and then in ROTJ Palpatine explained that he designed all the events from the Invasion of Naboo to the Battle of Endor.

I think that by destroying the Emperor Anakin returned the power of sight to the Jedi.

On the matter of the twins, I wouldnt mind seeing Obi-Wan deliver Luke to his uncle. Leia on the other hand remembers Padme, she said she remembered her as a sad woman perhaps Padme takes up residence on Alderaan with her.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
ROTJ Palpatine explained that he designed all the events from the Invasion of Naboo to the Battle of Endor.
He does?
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's obvious that he is in "control" of things throughout the original and new trilogies.

quote:
Darth Sidious: This turn of events is unfortunate. We must accelerate our plans, Viceroy. Begin landing your troops.

Nute Gunray: Ahhh, My Lord, is that... legal?

Darth Sidious: I will make it legal.

Thats a quote from TPM then later on he goes on to say this in ROTJ

quote:
Emperor Palpatine: Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.

--------------------
My Mother never found the irony in calling me a son of a bitch

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm not saying he wasn't behind the invasion of Naboo.

But I think you're looking too much into that ROTJ quote. I think it's pretty clear Palpatine is speaking ONLY of the trap, since he doesn't go on about Naboo, but rather talks about how he let the Bothans escape ...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps