Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » $$$Revenge of the Sith Trailer$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$$Revenge of the Sith Trailer$$$
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George Lucas has given me Stockholm Syndrome.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you, um... now want to protect him against angry fans or something? [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I don't think the Star Wars prequels have been all that bad. Sure, the Gungan battle in TPM looked reeeeeeally fake, and the "romantic" scenes in AOTC were cringingly-poorly-executed. But overall they were entertaining and enjoyable to me. And surely the single best reason to look forward to ROTS is the big fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan, out of which Vader is born. ON A LAVA PLANET, NO LESS!)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as the previous prequels go, I really think the fight between Qui Gon Jinn, Obi Wan and Darth Maul was the very best duel of all the movies to date.
Best musical score in that as well.
Episode II had me enthralled with the city chase, amazing fighr between Obi Wan and Jango in the rain and the asteroid chase...really the whole detective story aspect of the movie was really good.
...and then they got to the "Gladiator arena" and the movie goes waaaaay south.
Great first half though: just lose Anakin, all the other Jedis (the ones that are sooo tough as to croak at the drop of a hat) and hyper-speed cartoon Yoda.

I'm really hoping for great things in this upcoming movie: desperation of war can make for some great storytelling.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having seen the trailer in front of The Incredibles this weekend, I'm excited that the movie might in fact be ending with the a scene similar to how I've always thought it should end: Our first look at Vader in his armor.

I wasn't feelin' the excitment for Ep 3 either until I saw this trailer. It definitely has me ready to cut out of work for a long lunch.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Capt.Blair245
Member # 1113

- posted      Profile for Capt.Blair245     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, how can you hate Ep1? I actually enjoyed it (with the excpetion of little Anakin).
Now Ep2, thats some bullshit movie. Literraly every scene is a CGI animation. I feel bad for the actors who come to work to act infront of a green screen. At least Ep1 had good sets you know.

--------------------
Graffiti decorations/under a sky of dust/a constant wave of tension/on top of broken trust/the lessons that you taught me/I learned were never true
Now I find myself in question,
Guilty by association,

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Come on, how can you hate Ep1?"

Well, the first step was, I watched it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the "CGI is suck and rubbish and never as good as models I can spot every single instance of CGI work in any film ever I hate it" brigade are really starting to reach if they think that The Phantom Menace is better than Attack of the Clones because "it had good sets you know".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think those samepeople are more anoyred that even closeups of Clonetroopers are obvious CGI fakery when they could have easily had an actor in a sit to ake the scene look correct.
As example, Amidalia being heled up after (somehow surviving unscathed) taking her tumble into the sand by a clonetrooper looks as fake as anything I've seen in a video game.

I for one, love the CGI backgrounds: I just hate the poor interaction betweern some CGI models and the physical actors.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason: "As example, Amidalia being heled up"

Now you've lost me. Was Amidala "held up" or "healed up", in your words?

Anyway, I think I see what you mean. That AOTC Diner-scene were Kenobi talks with the turd, he just kept staring unswervingly on some dot on the wall while the turd scooped around, grunting and wheezing in its seat, it all looked so fake.

But I don't mind the CGI in either Ep.I or II, I like it.
If any story should be depicted through CGI-vistas, it should be Star Wars. We don't know what it would look like in real life, because it's a long time ago and, you know, really far away. One of the best successes was the pod-race canyons, the new Bespin and the Naboo Capital, in my opinion.

On the other hand, when I see entire CGI-environments in "Daredevil" or "Spiderman", where we know what the environments should look like, that gets my knickers in a twist.

That's why I just love "Underworld" but abhor �Van Helsing�.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Should've read "helped up" but I was in a rush to work and (as you know) rarely proofread my own stuff...(sigh).
The Clonetrooper in that scene is really poorly realized when they could have made a nice scene with a costumed actor.

I liked the CGI in Spiderman I but not so much in daredevil.

CGI for space scenes (backgrounds mainly) is a must: the work on Enterprise alone is so far superior to what we'd have seen in motion pictures from just a couple of years ago that it spoils me terribly.

The asteroid chase in EpII is incredible compared to the ESB version.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Ep 2 this weekend on DVD and had my confusion as the to the lack of costumed actors playing the Clone Troopers renewed as well. Surely it would've looked better, and how much more expensive could it have possibly been to get a bunch of extras to put armor on for some of those scenes?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that maybe 95% of the people who watched that film had no idea that the Clonetroopers were pure CGI throughout.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

That's a pretty high figure: the girl I was seeing back then noticed the diffrence and she has zero knowledge of CGI/Sci-fi effects.

Then, she also thinks the SW movies are generally silly (her being never having watched them as a child herself).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's generally silly, open and shut case. I bet her parents were into voodoo.

I'd rather have CGI-Yoda than "protruding eyes and Gremlin Jaw/throat" Yoda of Ep.I.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps