Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » $$$Revenge of the Sith Trailer$$$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$$Revenge of the Sith Trailer$$$
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember awhile back someone tried to sell "authentic Clone Trooper armor" on eBay, apparently not realizing (or figuring noone else realized) that no Clone Trooper armor was ever made for the production of the film because it was all CGI.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, she South African.
She (somehow) never saw Star Wars untill she was in her 20's.
Super sexy accent though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... kinda like the chick in Lethal Weapon 2, huh?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I....really dont know.
I recall seeing Letha Weapon 2 at least five times at the dollar theatre but aside from knowing that bullets kill easier than shown in that movie, I cant recall much of it.

When I first met her, I was intrested in her best friend (from New Zeland) and I often got the accents confused.

No luck with the New Zelander though: they're "yachties" so are only in town for a couple of months each year with their crews.
Good luck their not seeing someone already during that time. [Roll Eyes]

[ November 16, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Jason Abbadon ]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloody yachties. First up against the wall, I tell you. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand Americans getting Australian and New Zealand accents mixed up. I can even sort of understand confusion between English and Australian. But New Zealand and South Africa? Crazy.

To be honest, I never noticed. But then, I wasn't looking out for it, and by that time I was thinking "when'sYodafightingwhen'sYodafightingwhen'sYodafighting?"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The radio station we listen to on the way to work has a guess the voice competition, with the prize (music vouchers) increasing each day - at thirty NZ dollars a day, it once went up to about $1400 (and who did it turn out to be? The lead singer of Queensryche! I fucking ask you, Queesnryche?! Granted it's a classic rock station, but all the same).

But these Kiwis, they're totally fucking clueless. They can't tell the difference between the various British, American, or even Antipodean accents. For the current competition, you get these morons phoning every day and asking if someone with an obvious English accent is a member of The Band or The Eagles. The aforementioned $1400 accumulated because once a day some twat would ask if it was Robbie Robertson, or Glenn Frey.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

In my defense, I'm from MIAMI and before moving to Fort Lauderdale (when I met these women) had never met anyone from either New Zeland or South Africa.
In Miami, there's Cuban, Hatian and for extreme novelty, the occasional Jamacian.
But that's it.

Fort Lauderdale is a pretty good mix of cuultures (if you live near the port, like I do, anyway) and I've got a regular united nations of friends to hang out with now....none of which understand the concept of Thanksgiving as a national holiday but like it anyway.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The lady who lives across the street from me has an accent which I'm assuming is Australian. It's actually fairly cool. Sadly, the novelty of it is ruined by the fact that she now lives in Michigan and her entire family is complete trash. They bring my property value down with every lawn ornament they put up.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Behead their Lawn-Gnomes....or at least desecrate their pink plastic flamingos, christmas appriations and the like....I bet you could get adeal on leftover Halloween decorations and replace al their junk while they're away.

Mabye they'll move if they think the neighborhood is into witchcraft.

You'd think such garbage would be prevalant here in fLorida, but not really at all.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true, and there's a race in the Star Wars universe that has the speech impediment of referring to everything and everyone in plural. Sadly, the individual who exhibited these symptoms was of the same race as Vice-Admiral Thrawn (who as we all now is very eloquent), which led me to believe that this other guy is just retarded on his own terms.
Fortunately, I killed him. I was going down that road anyway, might as well enjoy it.

I still experience slight elation when recalling his last words; "Please, noble Jedis! Not in the faces!"

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
In my defense, I'm from MIAMI and before moving to Fort Lauderdale (when I met these women) had never met anyone from either New Zeland or South Africa.

What? Do you think that people in Britain bump into Aussies on a daily basis when they wander into town to do their Christmas shopping? I don't think I've ever spoken to someone from Australasia or South Africa for more than 5 minutes, and I can tell the difference.

We're not asking you to tell the difference between Glasgow and Edinburough accents.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shouldn't think an Afrikaans accent would be that hard to distinguish from an Australian one...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to distinguish Mandalorian from Twi'Lek for a while, we'll see just how far you last before you cry for mommy.

Kaa cheeko, edaho an Donga!!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend and I were at a Hard Rock Cafe in Bahrain and we had a white girl waitress with a British sounding accent. We placed a bet to guess where she was from and lost. I was surprised when she said born and raised in South Africa.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps