Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev: Yeah there were some bits of the script cut out with Qui-Gon and Yoda communing and several senators (including Mothma and Organa) discussing the repercussions of Palpatine's takeover.

See here for script excerpts.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

DoughBoy05
Member # 1417

- posted      Profile for DoughBoy05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Blogger Snay:
DoughBoy,

I think what is trying to be communicated to you is that while Leia thought she had memories of her real mother, and while she may have been told that person was her real mother, it was actually someone else - perhaps Organa's wife?

Ah yes I can be quite dense, but I can buy that. All is well in the land of Dough once again. [Smile]

--------------------
"Well, Sergeant? Aren't you going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does."

"It's pretty obvious, isn't it?"

The Doctor and Sgt. Benton, in "The Three Doctors"

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim':

But the emergency message that Obi-Wan hacked into, telling any Jedi to stay away from Coruscant and go into exile, what purpose did that serve? Story-wise and "ass-covering"-wise?

It opens the story up. Maybe for future books or, perhaps, the television series.

Maybe other Jedi survived. The warning beacon tells them to go into hiding. Later stories can be told with surviving Jedi.

I enjoyed it. Yes, it wasn't the best, but it did tell the story. And tell it rather well, I might add.

I didn't like the Droid Army or the Trade Federation. I've never liked the Droid Army or Trade Federation. They seem like bumbling, comic relief cartoon characters, not an invasion force to be reckoned with.

I did like how things were tied together. I thought the bridge to Episode IV worked seamlessly.

And C-3P0 get's his memory wiped.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How cool was that openning sequence, though? Dizzam!!! Just the right balance and the stuff with R2 getting a call in the hangar was actually really funny. Yeah, there was some stuff that was kind of cheese and less-good, but there was so much great stuff. Lucas has brought balance to the prequels. Really terrific performances by Lee, McDiarmid and, yes, McGregor. I loved the "You were supposed to be The Chosen One..." speech. Like that totally nailed it.

Also some good kicks at GWB and our US war-mongering regime.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Wars as political allegory; also, the corn in my poop warns of deforestation dangers.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound odd but I liked the reference to the prophecy because in the end it turned out to be true. In the end Anakin dose destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force (I assume).
There were some other nice parallels with RotJ, like the brief Dooku battle in front of a chair bound Palpatine (notice Dooku's reaction showed that he knew Sidious's alter ego) and the Mace Windu death scene, complete with x-ray scull flashes with Anakin looking on. I have always wondered what was going through Vader's mind while he watched Luke get electrocuted. Somehow it seamed like it reminded him of something, now we know it was the beginning of his betrayal of the Jedi, in essence the true "Birth of Darth Vader" scene.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the Republic ever have a military? Because at the end of the movie they show Vader and Palpatine on the proto-star destroyer we also see non-clones in the gray uniforms from Ep IV-VI and Scorpius as Tarkin. On a second viewing of Ep III I noticed Commander Cody had the same kind of red/blue square rank insignia seen in the OT.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the army was more like a national guard or something. Maybe planetary militias.

I concluded from dialogue in EP II & III that there was no standing army, therefore the need for the clone troopers.

Glad to see someone else noticed Tarkin being up there with Vader and Palpatine on the Proto-Star Destroyer looking at the Death Star under construction.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
And the fact that Jar Jar was eliminated in all but three non-speaking shots, and Ahmed Best was still credited. And James Earl Jones wasn't.

I saw him in one shot in the funeral procession and James Earl Jones WAS credited - I saw it last night.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I heard Jar-Jar speaking, right after they bring Palpatine after "rescuring" him...

Tarkin was rather easy to spot, anyway - this whole scene brought a big grin on my face [Smile]

Has anyone seen Mon Montha? Is she in the film?

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think all of her scenes were cut. If she is still in the film, it's probably the sequence where Palpatine is greeted by the Senators after his rescue -- but I didn't see her.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the Republic itself had an army - and judging from what we saw in this film, the Grand Army of the Republic was used more to shore up the local-planetary armies than it was as an actual independent force ... maybe?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mon Mothma is CREDITED... but yes, I can't see her. Maybe on one of those Senate pods that Amidala and Organa are in when Padme says "This how we die - to the sound of applause" or something like that?

Andrew

P.S. Reguards Organa's wife v Padme that Leia was thinking of - Luke specifically ask Leia about her REAL mother, not her adopted one.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Andrew,

Yes, but if people lied to Leia and said, "This is your real mother", how would she not know?

I mean, if it got out that the hot Senator from Alderaan was the daughter of the former Queen of the Naboo, Padme Amidalla, don't you think either the Emperor or Vader would have ... I don't know ... done something?

Point I'm making - in order to protect Leia, she was lied to about her real mother, including her identity.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt they lied to her outright, more like a colouring of the truth.
Remember that Luke didn't consider the Lars as his parents and he did still go by the name Skywalker. On the other hand he was told that his father was a navigator on a spice freighter. I suspect that something similar was told the Leia, that she was the daughter of A queen, not necessarily The former Queen of Naboo.
In deed the way Luke asked the question in RotJ indicates that she dose already know she was adopted.

Your're right of course, neither twin was put in a particularly difficult place to find. If they really wanted to HIDE them then they'd have gone with Yoda to Dagobah.
I think it's either a case of hiding them in plain sight or simply that Palpatine genuinly belived Padme died before childbirth, in which case there would be no reason to look for them. Indeed that seams to be the case when you view the new emperor dialogue in the EsB DVD and take into consideration that Vader only found out about the second child through Luke at the end of RotJ.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps