Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$ (Page 5)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucasarts had Anakin using Force Lightning against droids in ROTS the game for PS2 and XBox but he couldn't actually have had time to learn Sith techniques in the short time from Palpatine's coming out of the Sith closet to Anakin and the end of ROTS.

Maul didn't use it either, I can imagine it is one of the most taxing uses of the force, so Maul probably needed all his strength for the three-man fight. He did manage a nice force push on Anakin, though. And they added some strange thunder-sfx to it, like his Force Push was of another, more volatile nature than Qui-Gon's and Kenobi's pushes against droids.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When does he Force Push Anakin? When he's about to attack Qui-Gon on Tatooine?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, meant Kenobi, when sending him down the bottomless hole.
Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the Episode III Visual Dictionary, even if Anakin knew how to use Force lightning, he couldn't. His artificial limbs prevent him from using it. They also prevent him from defending against it as Yoda did in Episode II.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean like how those same artifical limbs prevent him from engaging in long-distance choking?

Sorry, not buying it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's crap. Maybe Palpatine just told him that.
Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Dictionary is saying that Force lightning, for whatever reason, either originates from or is conducted through the hands, which would probably destroy his artificial limbs. As for Force choking, Vader didn't even use his hands while choking one of his Admirals in the Empire Strikes Back.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I am in a snarky mood, and speaking of such things, in the beginning of the film, I found myself wondering if there was perhaps some force that Obi-Wan could use to force those droids off his fighter.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering about that too. Like I realize it's from the videogame and not exactly canon or anything, but were they both saving their force-points for their arrival on Grievous's ship? Which character-class/Jedi-class would our heroes be?
Nim
Member # 205

Obi-Wan - Sentinel/Jedi Watchman
Anakin - Guardian/Jedi Weapon Master (Sith Marauder)
Yoda - Consular/Jedi Master
Windu - Consular/ Jedi Weapon Master
Sidious - Sith Lord (through and through, balls to bones)

It is funny you should ask, Balaam, I took THIS pic 5 minutes ago. First ignition, just after getting Bao-Dur to fix me up, on Dantooine. Took me quite the while to get the Cyan-colored crystal.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As for Force choking, Vader didn't even use his hands while choking one of his Admirals in the Empire Strikes Back.
I have a theory about that. We always see Jedi use their hands to indicate what they want to accomplish with the Force ... Luke reaches for his lightsaber in the Wampa cave in ESB, Obi-Wan gestures to the door when he hides away on Padme's ship, etcetra.

I don't think the hand motion is something that has to be done to utilize the Force. Rather, it's a technique taught to Jedi trainees when they're young to help them conceptualize what they're trying to accomplish. Since they learn to use motions in concert with the Force so young in life, its something so ingrained to most Jedi, that they continue to use these motions even when there is no use for them.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So....a Sithcould use Darkforce Lightening from his feet?

Really the lightening seems overrated- easily reflected back, doing massive damage to the user.
Consider Palpaltine's inability to turn it off in both Ep II and RTOJ.

Better off with a blaster.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

quote:
I don't think the hand motion is something that has to be done to utilize the Force. Rather, it's a technique taught to Jedi trainees when they're young to help them conceptualize what they're trying to accomplish.
That 900-year old jedi still used his hand when lifting a ship out of the water and both hands for moving girders and landing troop ships.

I think the use of hand gestures amplifies the amount of strength used in a given force move.

Also, it indicates that they are using the Force, like Kenobi opening and closing doors. Had he just looked at the door(s) some people still would've thought the doors operated automatically.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anakin also does a (rather extreme) Force Choke right at the end of Clone Wars while missing a hand completely. Which was quite cool.

I don't think that Palpatine was unable to turn off Force Lightning in RotS. He was trying to get Anakin to attack Windu, remember. He could very well have not been putting up a huge fight just to force Anakin to act. Certainly, he seems right as rain when he blows Windu out of the building.

(We also don't see it damaging him in, er, Return The Of Jedi. I'd say the massive fall into the Bottomless Chasm of Despair was more dangerous.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
We were working on an edit of the movie where Padme and Anakin never kiss until just before their execution and he just pines after her hopelessly for most of the movie.

Such an edit already exists. Google for MagnoliaFan, or check out myspleen.net, I think. Don't have my bookmarks handy right this sec. His edits of ep1 and 2 are far superior to the originals.

Do they have an edit of the Phantom Menace I read about ages ago - where they basically cut most of "Yipee" Anakin and Jar Jar Binks scenes and the Jar Jar Binks scenes that ARE left in his voice is scrambled and he is given subtitles to make him sound more wise than he is?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps