Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The trucker hat? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The trucker hat?
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone explain this to me? I remember mesh hats aka "trucker hat", but they were never popular. They always had that cheap redneck look to them. Then I come back from the Gulf a month ago and everywhere I look these lame-ass hats are being worn. Especially by celebrities and models.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Can someone explain this to me? I remember mesh hats aka "trucker hat", but they were never popular. They always had that cheap redneck look to them. Then I come back from the Gulf a month ago and everywhere I look these lame-ass hats are being worn. Especially by celebrities and models.

I believe that your final sentence answers your question.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's been a month, but I remember when you posted your farewell before you left for the Gulf, and I just wanted to say, "Welcome back!"

Sorry about the whole trucker hat thing....

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the end of November a person in my lab was wearing such a stupid hat - (he's this fashion wannabe) and I laughed at him and said - I haven't seen those hats since like 1983... he said they are now fashionable... the redneck look or some shit! LOL! The more trucker the better. Either a motor company or a petrol station one... I mean... sheesh - I guess everyone was fashionable in 1983 then. OMG those mesh hats... did they offer ANY protection to the sun - thinking about it now... the scalp was SO exposed - might as well have worn Data's poker hat! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now available!

The official Flare Sci-Fi Forum Trucker Hat. Only $19.99 plus s&h. The official hat of Hobbes. Be the first in your forum to prove that Rednecks belong in outer space!

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, you know we could actually make a Flare Trucker hat... have Reverend make the logo and Charles put it on blank trucker hats that cost $.25 a piece. Von Dutch does that

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wondered about this myself. My grandpa has a lot of these hats, and now I see kids wearing them quite often. I just don't get it. :\

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any pictures of these hats?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well there is google - but easy to picture one... just think Johnny Knoxville in "Jackass" on TV and in the Movie.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now these hats only have to mark the return of The Mullet�, and we can really party like it's 1983.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Ewwwww - who the fuck is THAT!?! Why did you have to post a picture of a guy with three nipples!?!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, basically, something that once was fashionable became not fashionable, and is now fashionable again?

Surely the first time in the history of the universe that this has ever happened!

Next thing they'll be telling me that boot cut jeans with faded patches on the front are fashionable again. Crazy.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To put yourself at ease, just repeat over and over again: People are dumb

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen these things referred to as "ironic trucker caps". Obviously they don't realize that it ceases to be ironic if everyone does it.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah sorry you fought for this.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps