Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The trucker hat? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The trucker hat?
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Brittain" (not necessarily in that order).

You mean tritbain, or is there some other order they use.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very witty.

NOT!

I win.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very witty.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
People who get so worked up over the differences between Coke and Pepsi that they refuse to drink one of them rank only slightly ahead of Daily Mail readers, Republicans, and people who spell the country as "Brittain" (not necessarily in that order).

I thought Coke v Pepsi fans ranked along side Star Trek v Star Wars fans!?!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"People who get so worked up over the differences between Coke and Pepsi that they refuse to drink one of them..."

Out of curiosity, where rank the people who refuse to drink one of them simply because they don't like it?

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Out of curiosity, where rank the people who refuse to drink one of them simply because they don't like it?

Slightly more witty than Psyliam.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best man is an exec at PIzza Hut, he started out as a waiter and worked his way up through store management. They serve only Pepsi in Pizza Hut, and he once told me that if you ask for Coke their staff are required to correct you. So now I always ask for Coke. Hell, I point to 'Pepsi' on the menu and ask for Coke. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I hated Pepsi all my life simply because I thought it smelled and tasted like plastic. Then I was on holiday in Turkey (of all places) and the minibar in the hotel did offer Pepsi instead of Coke. I tried the stuff and guess what, Turkish Pepsi tastes far better than German Coke (and better still than German Pepsi, naturally.)
Don't know why that is. Don't they use at least a very similar recipe all over the world for that stuff?
I know that all the Coke I have tasted anywhere in the world tasted exactly the same.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:

In the same place. The difference in taste between them is so minimal as to only be noticed by people who can tell the difference between the CGI and non CGI versions of the Nebula class.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink both Coke and Pepsi whenever given to me, but I prefer Pepsi. The best tasting Pepsi is in the can, of course.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best tasting Pepsis and Cokes are the ones you don't drink.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Phew, this is hard work - I think I'll order a tab"

*press Tab key*

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

See, now THAT's fine. That's normal. I prefer Coke to Pepsi, but I prefer Pepsi Max to Diet Coke. It's just the crazy mad sport team-like thing that gets me.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
They serve only Pepsi in Pizza Hut, and he once told me that if you ask for Coke their staff are required to correct you. So now I always ask for Coke.

Yes, I had to do that. And y'know what? After people do that to you several times a day, you really want to punch them.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know. But they can't. I don't just enjoy tormenting people here, you know. 8)

Coke does taste different in different places. Greek Coke, for example, tastes just plain weird in a way that neither I nor anyone else who's experienced it can define.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer Pepsi in the single-serving 2 litre bottles. I've actually cut down from about 6 litres a day to 2.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps