Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The trucker hat? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The trucker hat?
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Originally posted by PsyLiam:

6 litres a day? Christ. Could you actually sit still for longer than 10 seconds?

(And y'know, to be honest, 2 litres a day is still far, far more than is healthy for you).

At the time, I was working in Data Processing for Bank One (The Official Bank Of The Anti-Christ) and doing the 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift. I KNOW how a vampire must feel.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for another version, Canadian Coke tasted very different yet again. (Toronto area)
About the water: just try out tap water when you go on holiday and compare that to what you are used to at home.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The water? Perhaps. Though I'm not sure where in Greece Coca-Cola is produced, presumably on the minaland somewhere since many islands don't even have their own water suypplies but have to be resupplied by ship. Bottled mineral/spring water is very common over there, and very cheap - and once you've tasted the Coke, you only want to drink water - or their beer (well, actually Danish Amstel is very common over there, in these big bottles you pour into huge frosted glasses) or wine. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danish Amstel? Amstel is a Dutch beer. Part of Heineken, IIRC.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugger, so it is. Oops.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dutch, Danish, it's all the same anyway. B)
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least to Americans, it is... 8)

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Well, to them everything that is not American is the same - not to be trusted...

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
At least to Americans, it is... 8)

Or to people who didn't pay attention in geography...like me.
My last memories of a geography class involved isobars...it all gets a little hazy after that.
Oh wait, something's coming back "Hey son, ever seen one of these before" *RED FLASH*

Nope, it's gone again.

Time to lie down methinks.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isobars? You're sure you didn't mistakenly wander into a meteorology class?
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I didn't notice any difference between American and British cokes. If there is any, it's not obvious.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about haircuts? Eh? Eh?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, she met you during your Eminem fase, so her perspective's bound to be a little skewed. B)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you saying that I'm not the real Slim Shady?

(Christ, I am extraordinarily red in that photo, and I have no idea why.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps