Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The trucker hat? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The trucker hat?
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Greek Coke, for example, tastes just plain weird in a way that neither I nor anyone else who's experienced it can define.

Ummm... we ARE talking about soda here right? [Confused]
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Pepper is the best. I mean, he has a degree and all.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly he's gay... nothing worse than gay soda with a degree.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6 litres a day? Christ. Could you actually sit still for longer than 10 seconds?

(And y'know, to be honest, 2 litres a day is still far, far more than is healthy for you).

Lee's right about the Greek coke though. I do tend to check when I wander into some of the cheaper looking newsagents to make sure the Coke is actually British, as some of the European Coke's taste really meh.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I was in the Gulf we had "Haji" Coke. Coke with Arabic writing on a slightly smaller can. Tasted like coke syrup, quite disgusting. There was also Arabic Mountain Dew which wasn't bad, Sprite, 7-Up, etc. Except Pepsi. I never saw a Pepsi can in Arabic.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@PsyLiam: I hope your remark that Coke and Pepsi taste almost the same were meant as a joke!?
At least here in Germany, there is a distinct difference. They taste nothing alike. If anything, the aforementioned Turkish Pepsi tasted a little similar to German Coke - but there still was a noticable difference.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Albanian Coke is even wierder than the Greek version. I suspect it has some kind of fish juice in it. I really never cared about the difference (such as it is) between Coke and Pepsi; I don't see how some people get quite as worked up about it as they do...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The difference in taste between them is so minimal as to only be noticed by people who can tell the difference between the CGI and non CGI versions of the Nebula class."

Well, just because your sense of taste doesn't work...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't see how some people get quite as worked up about it as they do..."

Well, there are people who can't really tell the difference and don't care either way, people who insist that one is the Devil's urine and the other God's True Drink, and people who just think both taste like shit. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You missed out the catagory of "People who can tell the difference, and have a preference, but aren't overly fussed." This is the catagory of the norms.

quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
@PsyLiam: I hope your remark that Coke and Pepsi taste almost the same were meant as a joke!?
At least here in Germany, there is a distinct difference. They taste nothing alike.

Well, there is a difference, but to say that "they taste nothing alike" is plainly wrong. Coke and Vodka taste nothing alike. Lemonade and vinegar taste nothing alike. Coke and Pepsi both taste like cola flavoured drinks.

quote:
Originally posted by Styrofoaman:
quote:
Greek Coke, for example, tastes just plain weird in a way that neither I nor anyone else who's experienced it can define.

Ummm... we ARE talking about soda here right? [Confused]
Er, we're talking about "Coke". The use of the word "coke" is the subtle hint pointing that out.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen Greek Coca-Cola (OK?) in a store here in the UK - this was in Greece. Just to explain, many small shops especially in London find it cheaper to import Coca-Cola from other European countries and sell it at usual UK prices, than to buy direct from Coca-Cola UK or their wholesalers. So I've had Polish Coke, and from who knows where else (bit difficult reading the alphabet on some of the labels).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know. But they can't. I don't just enjoy tormenting people here, you know. 8)

Coke does taste different in different places. Greek Coke, for example, tastes just plain weird in a way that neither I nor anyone else who's experienced it can define.

I'm guessing here, but maybe it has something to do with the local water that they use in each country? Same with beer.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Styrofoaman:
Sadly he's gay... nothing worse than gay soda with a degree.

You say that as if a gay soft drink were a bad thing.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Andrew said is most likely the case. I've been to the Coca-Cola "museum" place in Las Vegas, and they told us Coke (and their other drinks) will taste different in various parts of the world because of the local water.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I wonder how specific it is? Just country to country, or region to region too?

And Diane, as someone who has been to a country that could at times be called "America-lite", did our Coke taste any different to US Coke?

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps