Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The trucker hat? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The trucker hat?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has no orifices, so he wasn't that considerate.

To stay on subject, though, I found my old mesh golfing cap. It's an ugly shade of green and has a tee-holder with three tees in it. On the front in big white letters it reads, "DON'T TEE ME OFF!"

I'm embarrassed to say that I actually wore that several times.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking through a magazine yesterday and found the source of my annoyance with these damn hats. The article was fads of 2003...looking at them I'd glad I was at sea for most of the year.

So apparently it started with that dude that lost his car from That 70's Show, Ashton Krutcher wearing a John Deer mesh hat. I'd half expect to see shit like that in South Carolina, but now Hollywood celebs like to dress in clothes that look cheaper than what I wear and yet cost more than what I make in a month.

What's worse are clothes in magazines like Stuff or FHM that are like $200 for a shirt, $300 for pants, $500 for a jacket. It makes me wonder if those people actually think the average person can afford a closet full of clothes that expensive. Hell, I rarely buy clothes that cost more than $30.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Hell, I rarely buy clothes that cost more than $30.

Niether do I. I like my $25 pants and this free T-shirt I got from an equipment vendor. Spend $350,000 on a machine and get a free T-shirt! It says "IRAD IRWIN RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT" on the front and it's blue. Came with a matching hat but I lost it.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Species 1162
Member # 1162

- posted      Profile for Species 1162     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hat looked stupid so I hid it. There, I said it.

And if you don't wash that shirt one of these days I'll hide that too.

--------------------
Experience Is What You Get When You Don't Get What You Want.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long has it gone without a wash?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
How long has it gone without a wash?

Irrelevant.

She tackled me, took the shirt and washed it shortly after posting.

But sadly she won�t give me the hat back. Guess I�ll have to order another one.

--------------------

Species 1162
Member # 1162

- posted      Profile for Species 1162     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll just hide it with the other one. Belive me there's plenty of room for hat hiding here.

And you can have the dang shirt back as soon as you order lunch! Now quit gawking at starships and order pizza!

BTW, this is payback for you showing up on my cancer forum. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Experience Is What You Get When You Don't Get What You Want.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, oh; she's becoming assertive. Look out Styrofoaman!! [Wink]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:
Uh, oh; she's becoming assertive. Look out Styrofoaman!! [Wink]

This is nothing. Once saw her punch a clerk for accidently selling her Pepsi instead of Coke. This is quite tame.

But at least I got my shirt back.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on past anecdotes, I think it's safe to assume that she already is assertive.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be a man, stand up to her and get your hat back.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

Right. I value my nads.

I'll just order a new one and have it sent to a PO box. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coke is evil. Pepsi is the One True Cola�

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pepsi...that's Klingon for the "Elixir of Life"

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who get so worked up over the differences between Coke and Pepsi that they refuse to drink one of them rank only slightly ahead of Daily Mail readers, Republicans, and people who spell the country as "Brittain" (not necessarily in that order).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps