Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The trucker hat? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The trucker hat?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I've seen these things referred to as "ironic trucker caps". Obviously they don't realize that it ceases to be ironic if everyone does it.

So what's the excuse for your hair cut?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are hardly one to talk about haircuts, Liam.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have sexy rogueish hair. I do.

Besides, I've seen Americans. Your entire country has no right to talk about hair styles.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roguish hairstyles are sexy now?
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially if contained within an 'ironic' trucker hat. FYI, the 'coolest' ironic trucker hats would be the single color International Harvester caps.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on. What's wrong with my hair?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
So, basically, something that once was fashionable became not fashionable, and is now fashionable again?

No, the thing is I don't think these hats were EVER fashionable... more like utilitarian - that's about it. It's now more like 80's kitsch.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Ahh. Well, yeah, that makes sense. The nostalga waves have thrown up some pretty weird things. I haven't seen anyone wearing them over here yet.

Roguish hairstyles are always sexy. Especially on me. And, at the very least, they're going to beat any hairstyle that has a parting in it.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know now the style of hats you're discussing, and am amazed. I had one of them in, like, 1985. Has the world gone mad?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think so. I think it's another sign of the "end times". Nostradamus predicted the return of the Trucker hat.

Mesh hat
Does returneth
Fashonistas absurd
Confusion, dismayal abound
Trucker

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nostradamus' quatrains were, as is standard with quatrains, four lines long.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OOops, bugger! I did a cinquaine! [Smile]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more line and you'd have a sexaid. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a sexaid; she's deflated and sitting in my closet at the moment.

No, really. My roommate tours Europe for over a month, and all he brings me back is a blow-up doll from Bulgaria.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
Member # 256

Well, it's a she-doll, so at least your roommate was considerate. B)
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps