Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 'Greg' (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 'Greg'
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's Magical Mystery Mall game

So...you own this?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Hey, it's not the job you do, it's how you do that job. Besides, GMs can make between $35 - $100k depending on their bonuses. And one of the most important thing about MAKING bonuses is how your pizza scores are.

Yeah, I remember a General Manager at Chuck E. Cheeses years back that went and set all the scales used to measure the toppings to read 1/2 ounce when empty. I know that doesn't sound bad to most people, but at the time I believe cheese was about 14 cents per ounce. So he was ripping the customer off for 7 cents worth of cheese not to mention the toppings. All in the name of his "Product Use Bonus".

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, using proper amounts of ingredients is important, but the pizza score also looks at:

-How big is the pizza? Is it too small for the box, or does the box (when closed) crush the crust?

-Have the toppings been evenly distributed? When eating, will a customer have a topping in each bite?

-How is the cheese distributed, is it even? Are there any large un-cheesed areas of the pizza? Is there a "cheese-lock" on the crust, with no visible sauce?

-Has the pizza been cooked properly, or undercooked? Is the crust a golden brown? What about the underside of the crust? Have any of the toppings been burned?

Using less than the prescribed amount of toppings would actually affect our store's food cost, but there's actually a rather generous "user error" built in as to how that's figured in to bonuses.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such as when you make your own mini pizza; instead of 3 ounces of beef you put 3 pounds?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Well, using proper amounts of ingredients is important, but the pizza score also looks at:

-How big is the pizza? Is it too small for the box, or does the box (when closed) crush the crust?

-Have the toppings been evenly distributed? When eating, will a customer have a topping in each bite?

-How is the cheese distributed, is it even? Are there any large un-cheesed areas of the pizza? Is there a "cheese-lock" on the crust, with no visible sauce?

-Has the pizza been cooked properly, or undercooked? Is the crust a golden brown? What about the underside of the crust? Have any of the toppings been burned?

All of theses are reasons I never eat pizza from chains.
I'd rather risk it all on getting a excellent pizza from some local resturant.
All Pizza Hut pizza tastes the same and is too greasy for my liking.
Papa John's adds waaaaay too much sauce and not enough cheese, then gives you garlic flavored animal fat to dunk the crust in......vile.
Domino's tastes okay but they pissed me off for having no ethics years ago, so I dont buy from them.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
There's this mini-game in Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's Magical Mystery Mall game for the Playstation game console where you must deliver fast foodstuffs, such as pizzas and hamburger sandwiches to impatiently waiting consumers.

Andrew slowly backs away from UM.

Ahhh - this is scary - Friday night I was in town at a computer game shop and someone was walking through the shop and said to their friend audibly: "There's even a Mary-Kate and Ashely computer game!?!". Now it's been mentioned here... and that's just scary.

"Hairy Scary!"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'd rather risk it all on getting a excellent pizza from some local resturant."

Which you can only find in Italy.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not having eaten in Italy, I'll stick with the New Yorkers that were smart enough to head south. [Wink]

Either way, It's better pizza.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could find industrial workers with this level of drive. [Frown] Glad to see other people out there who take pride in thier work.

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"...I spent the afternoon remembering the five catagories that a pizza is scored on, the aspects of dough management..."

Isn't it cute how the pizza people take themselves seriously?

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Papa John's adds waaaaay too much sauce and not enough cheese, then gives you garlic flavored animal fat to dunk the crust in......vile.

That Garlic Flavoured Animal Fat is delicious. I love it. I must have it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm, dough management.
At least its not dough engineering.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Ahhh - this is scary - Friday night I was in town at a computer game shop and someone was walking through the shop and said to their friend audibly: "There's even a Mary-Kate and Ashely computer game!?!". Now it's been mentioned here... and that's just scary.

Yes. Who'd have thought that a computer game based on two fairly popular "tween" characters would ever be mentioned in two different places? It's like how Lee was talking about SUV's in that thread, and THEN I SAW ONE ON THE STREET AND DIED OF SHOCK!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
DIED OF SHOCK!
So, uh, The Great Beyond now features internet access, eh?

Anyway, my first unsupervised shift is Monday night ... 4p - close. We'll see how it goeth.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I'm dead?

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best pizza: Chicken Garlic from Papa Murphy's.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps