Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Member Map (Page 13)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Member Map
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
England still measures things in miles and, even worse, stones. Surely you aren't so metricized as to not know an ounce is also a measure of volume?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but we call them fluid ounces.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well duh. A 40 ouncer is 40 fluid ounces. I got the conversion from a UK website, for christ's sake.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, even when the context is obvious, do you also make sure to specify "statute miles" and "avoirdupois pounds"?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tropical Storm Gamma huh? How long till the season is over? What letter do you think it will get up to? Epsilon?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojito
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Tropical Storm Gamma huh? How long till the season is over? What letter do you think it will get up to? Epsilon?

Gamma is probably the end for this year- and for a change we caught a break- it's projected well south of Florida now. [Smile]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, hurricane season for the North Atlantic ends on the 30th of November. However, tropical storms have formed in early December before. In 2003, both tropical storms Odette and Peter formed in December.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is a sickeningly old thread and sorry for resurrecting it but...I added me!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So did I! Congrats!
OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto...

... and apparently I moved north of the Thames without knowing it. [Smile]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah, who's the Flarite in Towson, MD?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stealth member. Watching you all with an eye for blood!

Okay... too much Halloween candy.  -

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not worried about you watching us all ... I'm worried about you watching me! I'm a Timoniumite!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I used to go to the Timonium Drive-In when I was a kid.

Now I go to the Timonium back doctor. [Razz]

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps