Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm Getting Married... Today! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: I'm Getting Married... Today!
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been around lately. I had midterms... MIDTERMS!!!!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just checking in boys. I have a week and a half worth of spam to sift through in my email box. I'm dreading opening it.

I am very... relaxed. [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So does this mean your signature will now read:

--------------------
She said "yes, yes, yes, oh my God yes, right there, ooh!"

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Shannon McRandle's Website www.shannonmcrandle.com

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, let us do hope not.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be worse.

--------------------
She said "is that it?"

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Shannon McRandle's Website www.shannonmcrandle.com

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!

Yes could be worse...

She said... she had a headache! [Smile]

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say that all the time.... 'course, it's not as an excuse... it's truly beause I do. Migraine, every day. And you should have been there to see the look on my face when my doctor told me that, contrary to polular belief, sex will actually TRIGGER my type of migraines.

You know the old saying... sex cures a headache? Well, apparently that's a Big Fat Lie in my case.

I flipped out on him.... there I was, pronouncing to the world that I was saving myself for the perfect man and the perfect marraige, and my doctor tells me that the first time I had sex, I'd be down for several days with a headache.... that makes for a Very Unhappy Girl.

'course now I realize that I'm going to have a horrible headache everyday anyway, so I just don't worry about it [Razz]

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, with even middling sex, you're not going to care about the headache near as much.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch, LOA, that's horrible (both the sex-induced headaches and the daily headaches). Is there any sort of therapy or treatment program available, or are you and the doctor still looking into it?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there some new type of migrane medication just out. There was a bit of a furfy here in Australia the other week because something something a whole lot of people who could have access to the drug... don't.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's all kinds of "new" migraine medicines out right now... but I've tried them all, PLUS epilepsy drugs, heart medications, low level anti-depressants, sleep aids, muscle relaxers, birth control, opiods, and whatever else the doctor feels is appropriate at any given time.

So far no fix, but we'll get it eventually... just a matter of finding the right combo of drugs that will work for ME :-)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you do find something that'll help you.

I have a friend from college (who, I'm ashamed to say, I lost contact with a few years ago) who suffered from daily migraines. They were so bad that he eventually had to drop out of school. Nothing the doctors ever tried helped him; the possibility of a brain tumor was raised once, but the scans and tests turned up negative on that. I saw him just a few months ago for the first time in years, and he seemed to be doing pretty well. I hope he either found something that worked or they went away.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye he's just getting laid now?

LOA, fuck the doctor's advice on the whole "sex will cause them" bit!

A) You've never done it so you cant know for certain.

B) Your doctor does not have your headaches so he's just guessing based on other's experiences.

C) I know from firsthand experience that doctors (even the best in a given hospital or field) can be WRONG.

Seriously, I live in constant pain because of a misdiagnosis from the head of a hospital's wound care center.
See several doctors that specialize in headaches and a general practiconer as well- to rule out disease or diffencies- and decide the best doctor for you.

One of my best friends from a few years back had one of her ovaries removed due to a tumor and was told by her doctor she'd never bear children. It really crushed her to know that she'd never be a mom. She eventually found love, got hitched and....now has two children (three years apart) she bore just fine and with no complications.

You never know what'll happen...well, okay, we know (barring head trauma) Jay will never be a Republican, Omega wil never be a Muslim and I'll never type worth shit, but still...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

Who says I've never had sex? I just hadn't at the time he told me that.... ;-) But as I said, I realized that my head is gonna hurt no matter WHAT I do, so I just don't worry about it anymore. [Razz]

And Siggy: Your friend's story sounds a lot like mine... they've done two CTs and an MRI checking for tumors. Nothing there, so instead they've elected to simply build up my little collection of drugs. I get new ones every two weeks, and the little bottles of leftovers are WAY overflowing from my medicine cabinet. Ah, well... it's all just part of life, eh?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moderately normal living through chemistry?

I know that song.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps