Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I'm Getting Married... Today! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: I'm Getting Married... Today!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm glad someone thwapped him.
Now if we can just get him laid...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'd have to find a woman who'd go on top (yeah, cos that's hard), otherwise it would be phsysically very dangerous for the poor lass.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lords of Kobol, you are cruel.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But also kind.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

You know me always up for a challenge....

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys, I STILL want to get married....

How do I convince the guy that I'm with that he can't live a day of his life without me and that for christmas or our anniversary (they're only a week apart) I want a ring - not a PDA like he's BEEN looking at.

I'm trying to be subtle, but we've both always been like "No, I never want to get married!" so now I'm freaking out 'cause I'm not sure how to tell him I changed my mind without scaring him off if he's not ready yet..... oy. Men are so confusing! I wish I could grasp what goes on in that head of his........

~LOA

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, men aren't confusing. He's acting exactly the way he said he would act. You, on the other hand, said one thing and now want something else [Smile] People change their minds. It happens, and I'm not trying to be mean, but if there's something on your mind, the only way to get it on *his* mind is to tell him. You can do it in a kind, loving, subtle, low pressure way, but he won't know unless you say so.

And what guy wouldn't love to hear, "I never thought I'd want to spend every day of my life with one person until I met you."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
And what guy wouldn't love to hear, "I never thought I'd want to spend every day of my life with one person until I met you."

Um...every bloke i've ever met?

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, just reading that sentence gave me this odd urge to run away very fast.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, coming from the woman I love, I would think that would be a very reassuring thing to hear. Coming from, say, Lorena Bobbit or Tammy Baker... yah... scary stuff.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

You know me always up for a challenge....
Did I say him?!? I meant me! ME!
see what happens when you think of others? Shit! Never think of others first!
quote:
Originally posted by LOA:
You guys, I STILL want to get married....

How do I convince the guy that I'm with that he can't live a day of his life without me and that for christmas or our anniversary (they're only a week apart) I want a ring - not a PDA like he's BEEN looking at.

I'm trying to be subtle, but we've both always been like "No, I never want to get married!" so now I'm freaking out 'cause I'm not sure how to tell him I changed my mind without scaring him off if he's not ready yet.....

~LOA

Can you do a decent Rick Moranis inpersonation? If so, tell him you're pregnant.
Then, after he does the "right thing" and marries you, you can do the Dark Helmet voice and yell "FOOLED YOU!! What's with you man, I mean, come on!"

Sure, you'll get dumped and he'll be in therapy for the rest of his life, but sacrifices have to me made for comedic value.

But that's just my take on it.

Or you could buy him a PDA with a bunch of marriage tips installed in it- if that does not drive home the point, just marry some russian chick online...or fight Aban's new wife for his hand in matrimony while TOS "gladiator music" plays- we can webcast it and pay for the wedding/funeral.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wager 500 quatloos on the newcomer... (But I'd totally pay, like, 50 quatloos just to watch.)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

1000 Woolongs on Aban's wife- she's there and she aint leaving willingly.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Aban is right, men are ridiculously simple. If they're tired, they will say so. If they are hungry, they will say so. If they want something, they will say so. It's a chiche, but have you ever heard a man say in an argument:

"well, if you don't know what's wrong then I'm not telling you."

Understanding a man doesn't involve trying to work out what he really thinks. It involves you understanding that what he thinks is what he says that he thinks.

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:

I never believed that until Tim said it the other day via IM. Now I wlak with a skip in my step and a song in my heart.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Disturbing....most disturbing.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps