Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 36)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bingo? God, we're such nerds. Anyone with an ounce of credibility would make it a drinking game. Spock shows his human side in a whimsical manner, take a drink!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll drink to that

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cliche predictions:

- The Enterprise is having technical difficulties out of space dock.

- Kirk makes it with at least 2 chicks.

- A shuttle crashes

- "one more hit" and the ship will be destroyed

- Someone makes a bad Star Trek 4th wall joke.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait you forgot one:

- Someone punches Kirk in the chest, creating a huge rip in his shirt which shows of his pectoral muscles.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Jason went:
quote:
Nim, there's no such thing as a Hope class.
Olympic. Say it with me. O-Lim-Pic.

Hope
Huh?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josh:
Cliche predictions:

- The Enterprise is having technical difficulties out of space dock.

- Kirk makes it with at least 2 chicks.

- A shuttle crashes

- "one more hit" and the ship will be destroyed

- Someone makes a bad Star Trek 4th wall joke.

Dont forget the "Shield Couuntdown" by percents.

Of course, they'll cheese it and have Scotty say "Ya cannot change the laws of physics!"

Dont forget the impossible-to-avoid "bridge dance" when the ship gets hit.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some previews from the soundtrack. Not too happy with their take on the theme music.

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.php/info/p2225_Star-Trek.html

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear sweet heavens that end credits stuff was awful. I mean I can see where they were trying to be cute and throw it back to Courage, but (and I say this lovin' me some Courage) the old stuff doesn't translate well into larger orchestration, and certainly not at full speed.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it sounds great in full orchestral form, although I'm not a fan of how they syncopated it. If they didn't screw with that, it would be spot, in my opinion.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, didn't like that very much. The incidental music was OK, but you'll never know if it actualy fits the film until you see it.

The end theme was bad I thought. Reminded me of that SeaquestDSV thingy for some reason, but not Star Trek. For a proper orchestral version, they could have done alot worse than listening to the CD Fred Steiner did with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in the mid 80's.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, that end credit music reminded me of the disco/lounge singer versions of various songs and themes that were done back in the '70s.

And what was with the ban puns in all the titles?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the music from the latest full trailer, but never found out if that was from somewhere else (as trailer music often is).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the music that has this pattern (@ ~150bpm)?
code:
  ╒╤╤╕  ╒╤╤╕  ╒╤╤╕┌┐┌┐
┘ ┘┘┘┘┘ ┘┘┘┘┘ ┘┘┘┘┘┘┘┘┘

Sorry, don't know where it's from either, but I like it!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR:
quote:
Huh?
It was a roundabout way of saying "Gotcha".
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
You mean the music that has this pattern (@ ~150bpm)?
code:
  ╒╤╤╕  ╒╤╤╕  ╒╤╤╕┌┐┌┐
┘ ┘┘┘┘┘ ┘┘┘┘┘ ┘┘┘┘┘┘┘┘┘

Sorry, don't know where it's from either, but I like it!
That kinda does sound familiar. Although, it's a somewhat common beat pattern, so it could be from anywhere.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps