Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Opinions: Should Daedalus Appear? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Opinions: Should Daedalus Appear?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or perhaps they have eyes?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

EMH Mk.2
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like the Daedalus class to appear, even if it were just a small cameo. Still I doutb it will ever be seen on-screen. Well, not just desktop models
IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious, did anyone do or find any pics of what the Daedalus should look like? Meaning what would it look like with ENT tech or even modifications to make it look more 'real'?

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Capped In Mic:
guys.. think outside the box..
 -

what if the Daedalus appears, as a Federation ship of the same arrangement of the one conjectured by Jein and Okuda.. but designed with the techniques and stylization of the NX-era? i think itd be an allright compromise....

YES!!!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno...it doesn't look much different than how it looked before...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pylons look a little flimsy there, Mike!
IP: Logged
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
I dunno...it doesn't look much different than how it looked before...

Isn't that...like, the POINT? [Roll Eyes]
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just ran into this prototype for a Daedalus model kit and thought I'd post the link.

http://www.culttvman.com/jeff_pollizzotto_s_daedalus_cl.html

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing I wasnt here to take part in the original debate I thought I would offer my 2 bits.

I would really like to see the Daedalus Class in Enterprise, if not, then at least another Starfleet ship of any type or class...and as far as any more damn freighters, i say "bah!".

Its not a great design (the Daedalus) but, nonetheless, it is the only known class of this era we know of and it would be refreshing to know that there is indeed more to Starfleet than the Archer Boyz out there rounding up freighters and pissing off vulcan captains.

Just a thought.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's space... so having an aerodynamic starship isn't really needed. So bring on that ship Enterprise... god knows you need a rating's boost.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, a sizable portion of the show's essence is that, as far as useful ships go, Enterprise essentially is Earth's entire fleet, at least at the moment.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I took part in this discussion. I'd like to see a gradual move towards the look of the Daedalus. Maybe even the Daedalus being the first double-hull starship. Maybe having them at the end? of the series with the Federation forming or something? Maybe the first interplanetary vessel?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Com'on pay attention guys, Daedalus is Federation... not Earth Starfleet. It can't be around for a while yet.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
Well, it's space... so having an aerodynamic starship isn't really needed. So bring on that ship Enterprise... god knows you need a rating's boost.

Oh yes. The Daedalus class. The attention grabbing, viewer winning show stealing masterpiece. Forget the Romulans, the viewing public are demanding to see their sphere-and-can!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
Com'on pay attention guys, Daedalus is Federation... not Earth Starfleet. It can't be around for a while yet.

That's a ridiculous statement. The fact that the only three Daedaluses we've ever heard about were in service in the early Federation era IN NO WAY means that they weren't around in the years preceeding.

And, if you're trying to make some distinction between the Starfleet of the ENT-era and the one from all the other shows, none exists. At least, not in the minds of TPTB or the writers. Why is everyone loving to call it 'Earth Starfleet' so much? It's the SAME organization we've always known, just in its earliest stages of existence. WTF is this 'Earth Starfleet' crapola?

And BTW, the NX-01 is not the only ship SF has. (Shenandoah. Neptune-class surveyors. The 'other ships' mentioned at the beginning of "Fortunate Son.") Enterprise is just the fastest of them, and thus has a more extensive range.

I'd love to see the Daedalus appear on ENT. I wouldn't even mind a small amount of minor tinkering with the design, so long as it looks essentially the same as the desktop model.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps