Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Armada (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Armada
KoshNaranek
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the kitbashes in the Dominion War episodes were truly horrid. Ex Astris scientia has images of all of them. Not only are the models themselves physically amongst the most offensive-looking in terms of condition, but it's almost like Starfleet was trying end the war by making their wartime ships simply too ugly for the Jem'Hadar to want to get near them.

I do not like the Saber class ship at all, nor do I much care for the Norway class. But I have to admit that I absolutely love the Steamrunner. It has such a sharp, angular, and aggressive look to it... like a snake, almost... cobra-like. As soon as I saw the first good view of that ship, I thought to myself: "If only THAT had been the design they used for the Defiant..."

And I also really like the Akira design as well.

IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Steamie fans of the world unite!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All both of you?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make that three. [Big Grin]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more, and we can play Bridge!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, but I don't play Bridge.

Except when it's an exact replica of Kirk's. With functioning sounds for ALL the keys and knobs.

I do love the Steamrunner, though - as long as I can keep pretending she's one of the extremely few mission-specific designs of Starfleet. Namely, a LPD of some sort, consisting of a gigantic shuttlebay and some incremental add-ons.

I can even forgive the fact that the impulse engines blast straight into the pylons... Clearly, a minimal amount of creative & thoughtative work went into this one.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps