Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazon has already shipped the calendar to me from Pennsylvania to California via UPS Ground. But alas, I won't actually have it in my hands until late next week.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
...for some reason they seem to be obsessed with that Chaffe-"thing" (I refuse to call it a shuttle). I think the '01 or '02 calendar even had a whole page dedicated to it. And is/wasn't it on this years calendar, too (I'm too lazy to check that out at the moment). It seems there has been more Chaffee than Defiant and DS9 combined.

I think this can be attributed to the fact that these are the most readily-accessible (and perhaps most detailed) CGI models from the show.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
...for some reason they seem to be obsessed with that Chaffe-"thing" (I refuse to call it a shuttle). I think the '01 or '02 calendar even had a whole page dedicated to it. And is/wasn't it on this years calendar, too (I'm too lazy to check that out at the moment). It seems there has been more Chaffee than Defiant and DS9 combined.

I think this can be attributed to the fact that these are the most readily-accessible (and perhaps most detailed) CGI models from the show.
Especially DS9 has hundrets of interesting possibilities for images. They have a good Defiant, they obviously have a good DS9, they have a very good Runabout, lots of Cardassians, Klingons, Romulans, Breen, Dominion... why bother with a shuttle we've only seen for a minute on the whole show - even if it is high-quality?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Mojo say there were no CGIs of DS9? I doubt Paramount would pay for one to be made just for a calendar.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've bought the calendar today here in Columbus. The image of the NCC 1701-J isn's as sharp as the others, but it is still better than any image seen on the web so far.

That strange thingamob at the front of the saucer is actually the deflector dish.
If you ignore the rest of the saucer, the part in the middle looks like a cross between a manta ray and a hammerhead shark. [Wink]

What I didn't like was the fact that the Enterprise-B in the centrefold image is the standard Excelsior model and not the Generations version. Doesn't really make sense.
Ok, so I know they haven't got a CGI model of the modified Excelsior, but then they should have left it out altogether.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making the "B" an stock Excelsior is dumb, yes.
I cant decide if it's extreme laziness or extreme editorial nearsightedness though....

While I like the Chaffe, I'd prefer almost any other ship from DS9: A nice shot of a Jemmie Cruiser or battleship would have been ideal.

I'd be happy never to see another KBOP (or it's variants) ever again, regardless of how well textured they are.

Very happy to see the Tholians!
I'm getting a model from this refrence. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok, so I know they haven't got a CGI model of the modified Excelsior, but then they should have left it out altogether.
What happened to the CGI E-B they created for the Nexus shots? Did someone lose that file, too?

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the feeling that when CGI artists are fired, many files are "lost".
....building the Norway was a challenge for that exact reason- there exists no definitive front or ventral views.

I can never get over their losing huge studio models that cost tens of thousands of dollars each....makes losing a file seem trivial by comparison.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's something I can't understand either. Like when they "lost" the Ent-D model and found it years later in a restaurant.
I mean, hey, these things are HUGE, you can't imagine someone just saying "Ooops, I think I lost that somewhere, must have slipped out of my pocket." [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scans now!!!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

As a fan of both Farscape and Star Wars, I have learned the true meaning of the word "patience". [Wink]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What models are missing!?!

Which Enterprise-D model was missing - the 6-footer!?!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a graphic artist, if I was fired, i would be VERY tempted to make files go 'missing'
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That four foot model was not lost... it was broken and all lubed up with grease.
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps