Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005 (Page 9)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It finally arrived today and (despite the fact that it's going to be a christmas present) I was allowed to have a look at the images.

Can anyone read the name/registry of the Runabout? I assume that it's not the Rio Grande but the one from DS9's seventh season that never got a name, right? (On the other hand, there's no reason why they should build a Reliant or rename the existing Miranda instead of just using the USS Majestic pictured in the Spotter). Same question for the type 6 medical shuttle on that Museum-image: registry, anyone?

Edit: In Endgame, didn't they have a shot of Starfleet Medical? Does anyone remember a shuttle in that scene?

Any comments on the Pike-era Workbees? I've seen that design before, but I don't know where...

BTW, my favourite is the Klingon image, too.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Resistance
Member # 1369

- posted      Profile for Resistance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I love the most is the ds9 shot. The reliant was not blown up. Its dock at ds9.

--------------------
Homepage - www.Joseralat.com

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joshua Bell:
I was just coming to the same conclusion. Heck, some might not even be real starships, just mockups.

Of course, they just used those inflatable decoys.
[Wink]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
Any comments on the Pike-era Workbees? I've seen that design before, but I don't know where...

Are you talking about the blurred pod in the Museum pic? It's the inspection pod from ENT's "Broken Bow" and err... "Shuttlepod One" I guess.

If you're talking about the January shot of the Pike-Enterprise, did I miss a scan?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

machf
Member # 1233

quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Oh, and I absolutely love the ENT era Klingon BOP. It really looks like an old ship to me. Too bad we didn't see much of it. Maybe we'll get to see more of it in the future.

B.J.

I was wondering where I had seen that destroyed city the Klingon BoP and Raptor were flying over... then this afternoon I happened to catch ENT S3 E3, "Extinction", on cable (they started showing S3 a couple of weeks ago over here) and realized it was the underground city featured in that episode. So, now the question is, how did the Klingon ships get in there, if it's underground?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by machf:
quote:
Originally posted by Joshua Bell:
I was just coming to the same conclusion. Heck, some might not even be real starships, just mockups.

Of course, they just used those inflatable decoys.
[Wink]

Why not?
The EMH is just Trek's version of the inflatable autopilot from Airplane! anyway... [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The issue of misslableing of ships isn't so much that they have X-version and Y-verison, its that either textures or modeled markings are applied to the ship. In some cases, the appropreate markings may not be there at the right time and they are overlooked for the sake of a quick job. I know if the texture files have different names it can be annoying to switch...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"annoying to fix" is one thing: allowing such slips to go to press is unprofessional.
This is no quickie composite for a Communicator article: this is a calander that will sell thousands of units.

A little editing was required and they blew it (or worse- caught it nad hoped no one would notice!).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not disputing that, but a few comments have come up like:

"On the other hand, there's no reason why they should build a Reliant or rename the existing Miranda instead of just using the USS Majestic pictured in the Spotter."

Its likely that it was the Majestic, simply re-marked/textured from various Star Trek II images, not that its a different model and they used the wrong one.

Personally, when I'm doing a 3d model, I make the markings as swappable as possible, but I don't know how the 'official' ones are set up.

I mean, hell if I were them, I'd have rendered the stock shots (Enterprise launching shuttle, Enterprise flying by at Warp, etc.) at several different angles to changes things up a bit, but clearly, I'm not them...

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Majestic isn't a model owned by Paramount, hence why it wasn't used.

M.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

If they had caught the error, they could have used any number of programs to insert a new registry: I intended to do it via Photoshop for a wall print I was going to make....
THen I decided to just scan the DS9 pic from the first SOTL calander as it's about ten times nicer anyway (and there's not the oddity of having a Galor leisurely hanging out either!).

I'm scanning the entire first calander this weekend if anyone wants those images for their sites (Starshipfreak, I'll send you them all for yours).
I gave away the other calanders though....oops.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

machf
Member # 1233

Are the calendars considered canon or anything? After all, if they're not, such "slips" wouldn't be considered to be that. They're just "artistic renderings".
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

A silly distinction to excuse sloppy work.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:

If you're talking about the January shot of the Pike-Enterprise, did I miss a scan?
That's the one. I can do a scan tomorrow...

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll arrive on Tuesday? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps