Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005 (Page 11)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me neither..until I took a bucket of screen captures off the Generations DVD. Have a look as the camera pans down from where Harriman, Scotty and Chekov are standing. You can see the funky shapes as well as the enterprise label on the bottom of the deflector housing.

M.

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I still don't know what's under most of it either....still waiting for a couple more shots from Eaves...

meanwhile, something else to entertain yourselves with...

http://mattc.vip.warped.com/images/Bussard%201.jpg

M.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any idea if the markings were on the other Excelsiors? Or was it an Enterprise thing [Wink]

BTW, do you know what the odds are of seeing other (less seen) ships in future calenders?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
And I still don't know what's under most of it either....still waiting for a couple more shots from Eaves...

M.

Looks like a shuttle piloted by a TOS alien [Wink]

Oh and the picture of the B, C and D earlier - the C looks rather like the different pictures of the Enterprise C done by some people (Tachy I believe?) - that can be seen at Bernd's site.

And Seanr comes here. I wish he'd post some more stuff. BTW, I helped him 'polish' his lighting through unrestrained criticism! [Big Grin]

His 'Daedelus in Drydock' is calender-worthy.

Any suggestions? How about some more interesting angles? Looking out of windows etc. I'd like to have a perspective looking out one of the window of the E-D 'neck' either up at the nacelle or at the underside of the saucer - stretching away into the distance (since at 'human' size it is quite LARGE!) [Smile] Exsquisit detail would be required on the hull of the Enterprise.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MattC
Member # 1391

Andrew:

hehehe, yeah, that's it. An alien shuttle. [Smile]

I have Tachy's old Ambassador )both variants) somewhere round, it's actually quite different...as well as being about 1/10th the number of polys. There are no bump maps on mine, all the grids are modelled, all the markings, everything.

Stringer's Ambassador is around 150K or something.

As for a view out the window, that's possible. Though it'd mean doing some more detailing on the D. But there are window boxes behind each window, so it wouldn't be hard to shoehorn a set in there and do a shot.

Boh:

No, just on the Enterprise and Lakota. The Excelsior was quite different down there...

As for other ships in calendars...well, the problem is that alot of stuff created for the shows just won't stand up to print resolution. i.e. the Akira, Steamrunner, Saber, Norway, etc,etc,etc. You can see alot of the segmentation in a few things already.

OTOH, after B is done, I'll get back to the Akira which is of similar quality.

M.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But you have the basic idea of the Steamrunner, Akira, Norway and Sabre - surely you can make fresh models with more detail? Extrapolating where necessary?

--------------------

MattC
Member # 1391

The Akira geometry is done. Has been for months....and months. [Smile] At least a year. Just never got round to texturing it.

The others, well....one of these days.

M.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

M.

That's the nacelle control room for the Enterprise-E isn't it?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome looking CG of the B, C and D. Though I noticed the Ambassador is actually a half-way house between the Ambassador/Ent-C and the later Yamaguchi/Zhukov variant, mostly I noticed the bridge area is the Yamaguchi one, The E-B is beautiful, my second favourite Federation design, behind the E-A of course.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

MattC
Member # 1391

It's the actually bussard collectors within the nacelle. We're really going to town on it... [Smile]

The E-C is a bit of a hybrid. I think we just kinda liked it that way. [Smile]

M.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As for other ships in calendars...well, the problem is that alot of stuff created for the shows just won't stand up to print resolution. i.e. the Akira, Steamrunner, Saber, Norway, etc,etc,etc. You can see alot of the segmentation in a few things already.

Well, I was thinking along the lines of: If these are new models, Its possible others could be made.

If I ever get super-good, I'd be happy to donate something to the callender [Wink]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

How about some OTHER species/organisations other than the UFP featured? A Ferengi D'Kora class - with all the bits and pieces open that we've never seen in action. Maybe the large cargo bays open, the weapons pod on top extended, the 'claws' decended - the drop ship leaving?

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scenes from Wolf 359. [Smile] Hell, ONE would probably satisfy many fans for a long, long time.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's the actually bussard collectors within the nacelle. We're really going to town on it... [Smile]

The E-C is a bit of a hybrid. I think we just kinda liked it that way. [Smile]

M.

Yeah, but it's not really the E-C then is it?

P.S. the bussard collectors on the E-E are teh coolness. In a very retarded manner of speaking. [Wink]

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
How about some OTHER species/organisations other than the UFP featured?

The first calander has a bueatiful shot of Warbirds firing on (according to the non-sensical caption) Khitomer.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps