Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 20)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. If I get around to getting of my fat procrastinating arse, I might help out! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I can't remember if i posted this or not, so hopefully not.

My's website is coming up on it's 6th anniversay this month. I've been going through it updating the pages, cleaning them up, adding a little more color. When I started it occured to me that I've never had a logo for my site, I just used the regular UFP seal. I asked the Rev for his help but wasn't sure what I wanted. Eventually I came up with this using that nifty little Constitution-class silhouette. I wanted to give it a compass-like appearance since Star Trek has tried following other nautical traditions.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks very cool, Hobbes. I especially like the 3D look for the starfield part. However, my first thought about the ring was that it reminded me of the Stargate. Maybe if you make the 4 points more arrow-like, extending over the edge some it would lose the Stargate feel.

B.J.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless of course you want the Stargate feel... [Razz]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it doesn't look especially compassy. It looks more like a clock, particularly with the intermediate ticks in the position of numbers rather than the positions of compass directions. You might consider putting NSEW at the cardinal points.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing wrong with that Stargate-feel, though unintentional.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, now that I have a better idea of what you want (and a little free time between colouring comic books). Here's a draft with a more nautical feel.
 -
Personally I think this looks more like the symbol for the Federation Naval Patrol than a database about starships.
Just to throw a few ideas into the mix and for the benefit of everyone else, this is the first shot I made back when Hobbes originally ask for help.
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both look good, but I like the brighter colors of Hobbes' original. Yours looks a little washed out, though I know your goal was a more realistic mettalic look.

The second one is great, but the assymmetry of the lettering makes it look lopsided. I might opt to move "STARSHIP DATALINK" to the center at the top, and shrink "UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS" to fit at bottom-center. Alternatively, perhaps the top lettering should read "FEDERATION STARSHIP" and the bottom just "DATALINK," since that would fit better and it *is* the actual name of Hobbes' site. I wonder if using the little Connie instead of the ball might work in this case, as well. And perhaps the red swoosh would add a nice color contrast if you made the outlines on the ellipse black instead of red. But it might be better left alone, as well.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Hobbes
Member # 138

The main thing I disliked about the second logo which was the first Rev made for me was the fact I have no clue what that symbol in the center means.

Basically I wanted to create a logo that was distintive to my site and seeing it alone would you know it as the FSD symbol. I've worked my new logo posted above into many of the header graphics. Like this as the header for my Starship Database class directory. As you can tell, that can be resized small and still easily recognizable.

However, I really love the new logo you made Rev. My only nitpick is change the background color behind the olive branch leaves of the UFP symbol. The main two shades of blue I use on my site is #004477 and #012643. Mostly because I think if I resized it smaller I think the leave or whatever they are would get kind of lost into the gray background color.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
The main thing I disliked about the second logo which was the first Rev made for me was the fact I have no clue what that symbol in the center means.

I interpreted it as two computers interlinking and exchanging data, thus datalink.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cold Station 12:

-

That second word after EARTH reads DENOBULA.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Easy.
 -

quote:
I interpreted it as two computers interlinking and exchanging data, thus datalink.
Got it in one.

Next shot.
 -

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok, here's something I'm doing for TrekBBS's November art contest.
 -
What I need from you folks is reference regarding the lettering and any possible logos for the Tellarites. I've not been keeping track of "Enterprise" so I don't know what's cropped up since the begining of the Xindi story that might be useful to this effect.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Nothing seen for the Tellarites so far, Rev, but there are upcoming season 4 eps that will feature them and may show something more. Will you be including the independent Proxima/Alpha Centauri colonies as a signer as well, as per tradition and the article from Picard's scrapbook in GEN?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In DS9 Sisko gives a broad definition of the UFP.

In "Battle Lines" Season 1:

"The Federation is made up of over one hundred planets whose people have allied themselves for mutual scientific, cultural, and defensive benefits."

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps