Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2) (Page 22)

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  32  33  34   
Author Topic: Logos logos everywhere... (Part 2)
Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DoughBoy05:
Are you sure that isn't a capital "A"

Uhm, yes the Latin A is the same as the Greek A(lpha) What we see there is 100% a capital Lambda

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rev, the human signatures look too much like fonts. You'd be better off scanning or tracing an actual signature.
Consider also the use of alternate forms of "signing," such as the fixing of personal seals/signets or thumbprints.

Don't worry, those were just placeholder/guides so that I could redo them as freehand vector paths.

quote:
I thought Archer signed this?
Funny.

quote:
Is the IDIC the symbol of Vulcan? I thought it was just a Vulcan symbol
Seams to be. I've never seen them use any other symbol.

quote:
Why is it that the Alpha Centauri colonies have a Lambda in their logo??
Because I'm dyslexic.

UPDATE
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might consider using the more period-specific United Earth emblem seen in the recent ENT episode "Home," although now that the Fotopic site is gone I'm unsure of where you'll get a screencap. I think Topher provided some additional ones from that ep, maybe he still can....

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend, here is an image from the Enterprise episode "Home" of the United Earth logo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Sarvek/UnitedEarthLogo_1.jpg

Cheers,

Sarvek

I hope that this helps. Great job. [Big Grin]

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reverend, here is a closer view of that logo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Sarvek/UnitedEarthLogo_2.jpg

Cheers,

Sarvek

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell does a single olive branch signify? Only peace for the Western world?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You might consider using the more period-specific United Earth emblem seen in the recent ENT episode "Home,"
*looks at screen cap*
Lazy gits.
I'll stick with what I've got thanks.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Odysious
Member # 1180

- posted      Profile for Odysious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my take on the United Earth logo seen in the Enterprise episode Home.

-

This is a first for me so please be kind. I would like to give credit to Rev. I used the olive branch from one if his UFP logos as a template for this one.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
To me it looks like there are indeed two branches, but the second one is obscured by the globe, as it lies in front of them, not on the same plane (look at the bottom right of the globe).
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We get another look at the logo next week. Lets hope for some answers
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
United Earth in "The Forge".

It looks better here than on the podium. Strangely enough, the gold and blue colors are actually consistent with the rare glimpses of an Earth logo in "Where No Man Has Gone Before"...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like the reverse of the Federation flag that draped Jadzia's casket.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if the logos on the flags are centered along the width of the caskets, then it really does have only one olive branch.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Well, if the logos on the flags are centered along the width of the caskets, then it really does have only one olive branch.

It looks like the designer was out of ideas when he/she receicled the ufp flag of the 24th century [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(For the record, I think it looks fine.)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 34 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  32  33  34   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps