Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Excalibur bridge once again. (Page 9)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: USS Excalibur bridge once again.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"For no more than 7-8 people on the bridge at one time, there's no chance that half of them would be in the can at the same time."

Well, that depends upon what the ship's kitchen served up for lunch that day...

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turbolift separation would indeed solve a lot of problems. You'll just have to make sure, then, to connect the two vertical shafts on Deck 2 to ensure the availability of spare cabs behind the bridge doors 60/60/24/7.

It then becomes a question of whether you want to stay true to the "Double Time" conference room layout, or perhaps provide direct turbolift access to that room. (It would be a bit inconvenient to replace either of the conference room doors with a lift station, since Calhoun wouldn't want people traipsing through his sanctuary on the way to meetings, yet he'd probably want direct access himself...) A third doorway directly from the lift into the conference room would be more sensible than the idea of first disembarking the lift, THEN going through another set of doors to get to the conference room. If you wanted to do that, you could just as well use the "bridge lift" and ditch this separate "conference lift"!

There's always the chance that the "Double Time" lounge wasn't anywhere near the bridge, of course, leaving you free to configure this one as you please. Wasn't the NF Team Room described as being somewhere on the saucer rim or something?

Timo Saloniemi

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again. This is an Ambassador-refit class bridge, but it's not the USS Excalibur's one. If you look carefully on the picture, you'll see USS Equilibrium label on the top left [Wink]

I thinked about add an extra turbolift with access directly to conference room, but I didn't like the concept. There is not enough free space than. Anyway, I havn't seen any conference room with direct turbolift access.

I take some of the proposals you posted here and redesign a bit interior on the bridge to create more space for aft/tactical stations (with the stool for tactical station - well, service on the bridge is not a fast food job). I think this concept make different places on deck 1 more accessible (well, ready room).

I'm really interested in your reactions. >> new layout <<

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the new lounge layout with the couches instead of that table with four chairs. Although I think the lounge needs more of the table plus two seats like Ten-Foward...

Looks damn good though.

I'm guessing that the Turbolift that leads to the lounge would be a way to have guests on the bridge and not interfere with normal operations and the other one for Starfleet personnel to use. Imagine if Picard had the option of sending Troi's mother into a Turbolift that gave him a buffer zone to escape!

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one looks great! (Hmm... Didn't I say so already?)

The remodeled furniture is nice, the layout for off-bridge spaces is nice... Now the original, rather angular bridge itself sticks out as the least thought out part of the whole. I wonder why that is... [Wink]

Okay, perhaps it is a little bit inconvenient that a dignitary being led to the conference room along that aft ramp would still have to walk through the bridge. Imagine Lwaxana Troi with a dress that doesn't fit in a turbolift... [Razz] The remaining option would be to abandon the ramp altogether, put the starboard turbolift where its pal used to be, and give it two exits, one to the bridge, one to the lounge. But that would be silly.

The rails on the stairs make a world of difference in terms of "organizing" the spaces. And Calh... Sorry, the CO's curved table is a nice touch. But as said, the bridge now yells for curved shapes, too.

Timo Saloniemi

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the chairs in the lounge. There is not space for them... sorry. That's why I changed the table with couches.

If someone needs to go just to the conference lounge, he/she can exit the turbolift in lounge, and go through one door to conference room (not through the bridge).

If someone cannot fit into turbolift, he/she would hardly go through the ramp. There are surely many other rooms on board, to arrange meetings. If it is really an extreme, she can be transported on the place with her huge dress. (I don't think Lwaxana will ever visit this ship) And about the elevator. I don't like elevators with more than one exit. (may be just when there are 2 opposite. but it's not this case)

I know the bridge is a bit angular, but it's how it was designed (and I think it's not so terrible) I could arrange the aft stations curved, but it won't be than the Ambassador bridge. The off-bridge spaces has to be rounded, because shape of outer hull is that way. You think that I shoul made all stairs straight?

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sickbay looks a bit small for suck a huge starship.
Particularly if the ship were damaged in combat or providing emergency medical assistance to some colony or what have you.

Nice engineering layout- I'd go with a holographic "pool table" design though: it always irked me that we never saw more holographics in use on TNG after season two.
That lil' "pool table" just cant convey a couple of dozen decks worth of systems effectivly.

A small nit: "USS Equalibrium"?!?
What were they smokin' when they decided on that name? Mabye the ship is destined to be destroyed by the rogue IKS Inner Ear Infection....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure Omi can add onto Sickbay... just after he expands around the Main Engineering first.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

omi
Member # 1695

Wow, wow, wow, guys... [Big Grin]

Of course. The sickbay is not very large. In fact, in main sickbay on Galaxy class ships, there are 4 beds. Here, there are 6. I think, this is the MAIN sickbay, so there are more wards and few more surgery rooms throughout the ship.

Jason, how have you came to HOLOGRAPHIC pool table? It's old class ship. I just use a table we can seen in ST4:TVH in SF HQ. And was used in EF2 in egineering of USS Dallas (Excelsior class) and advanced in Ent-D. The ships there are just schemas on the display, I think [Wink]

USS Equilibrium - as I said, it's for the game, and the "crew" of this ship has agreed on this name. I think it's name of some movie, or sthg like that, and I think they come with this in the pub (and trust me, you don't have any idea about czech pub!), so don't ask [Big Grin]

expand? what? look guys, the plan is this. I make the important rooms of this ship and then just general layout of ALL decks (that's why I do everythig with 3D model) I don't wanna do it so deatiled as is my Oberon project, cause it's so much work... (anyway my english is obviously not so good, to understand you what you want to expand around engineering...)

does anyone know this page? or Ent-D blueprints book, which is my dream to own, but not accessible for me. (they told me it's sold out)

[ August 11, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: omi ]

--------------------

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you need a good shot of the Enterprise NX-01 dedication plaque, here it is. Enterprise NX-01 dedication plaque This was made by the same guy who has done lots of bridge oveheads as well as alot of oriignals. I hope it helps.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omi rocks my world. No, I haven't gotten back to bridges (one member here is STILL waiting for my help on one - sorry, guy!), but that doesn't mean I'm out of ideas. What I'm seeing here though is a really cool new thing - making brdges fit into the model's exterior that don't relly make sense in the first place. I challenge someone to make the far-too-wide Sovereign bridge into its skinny cowling. [Wink]

The refit Equilibrium is fantastic. It also looks far better to lead people through the lounge to get to the conference room... While both Enterprise-D and Voyager routinely led visitors through the bridge to get to their lounges, both sets featured two entrances to get them there. Enterprise-E had an awkward bridge-only lounge, but that may have been intentional to have it specifically for th bridge crew (when it was seen in "Nemesis", it was not the same lounge or in the same space as the doors didn't match up).

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

omi
Member # 1695

thanx for the dedication plaque, I'm planning to make one for Equilibrium too. As soon as the crew tell me the sentence they like to have there written.

Yeah, Sovereign is really the challenge [Smile] but I think someone will find a way to fit it (somehow) [Wink]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omi, the holographic technology is nothing new- it obviously predates TNG by some time (as no one is "Ohhh" and "Ahhh" when it appeared in season one.
Besides, this is a Refit: if the 80 year old Excelsior refit can kick ass, an Ambassador can have a holographic engineering display. [Big Grin]

Wanna build up a nice bridge for one of my designs?
I'll give you lots of design freedom.....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

omi
Member # 1695

I know holotechnology can be added, but really, there is not holographic table in engineering [Cool]

In fact, captain of Equilibrium said, Ambassador class ships (mean Equilibrium) doesn't have any holodecks, but it has theatre, cinema, and some recteational decks [Smile]

Well, I may be really interested, but I have to see the designs first.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Here- I have several to choose from. [Cool]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps