Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Mark's Ultimate Trek Project (Page 1)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Mark's Ultimate Trek Project
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the most ambitious thing I'll ever do.

It will likely take years.

It may never be finished.

But it will be the one Trek creation that, when done, will be the most proud accomplishment in fandom that I'll have ever done.

Star Trek - Wolf 359 Chronicle

Teaser available now. Comments invited. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this going to be just CGI ship renders or you going to have live action stuff of crews too?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Docu style? If so, I wanna do narration! I have just the voice for it.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like it could be fun. I love how the teaser uses the Reaver music from the pilot episode of Firefly rather than music from Star Trek.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Mark
Member # 1819

- posted      Profile for Mark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
might be an idea to use BC ships, weve got a great set of wolf 359 ships available and all of them are very canon
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to do the voice work for the stuff Karl and I do (check out the Anime Music Video or "AMV" section on Karl's site - we've done lots of opening videos together), but we'll probably need some walla done for segments or dramatic reasons (like the background fleet chatter from "First Contact", orders being given, people screaming, etc.).

A script will be completed for large parts of this, as we want to account for ALL forty ships and what happened to them. The canon has names for about half of them; we have to fill in the rest of the ships and names. For the unknowns, I want to use mostly canon ship designs, but a kitbash or two may figure in there too if we can justify it.

Mark

--------------------

Mark
Member # 1819

- posted      Profile for Mark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry i meant to post some pics but hit post accidently:

-
C2X BOBW Cube

-
 -
LCs Wolf 359 Ship Pack

hope those can help, if you want to contact either of those guys I can give them your details and tell em what ur up to.

--------------------
BCU Moderator
BCFiles Filer

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Ah, fantastic - but can they be imported into Animation Master? [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you're looking for names...I might be your man. I'm about to add name #27,626 to my list.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds great, though the nacelle are badly disproportionat on the Challenger.
Mabye 25% too large compared with the saucer's size.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. I think Timo's Guide mentions a few ships which were present at 359.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah... But what does that have to do with anything? [Razz]

The "BoBW" things specific to the Guide would be

1) The Melbourne of Excelsior class is registered NCC-52043, and is not in active service but being rebuilt after taking damage in the Cardassian War; she's supposed to be renamed the Corinth when completed. The Melbourne of Nebula class is there, too, is in active service, and carries the registry NCC-62043.

2) Present in the fight but unseen or unmentioned by other sources were the Polaris class Lightning (NCC-9015; the DS9 kitbash with Constitution saucer); the New Orleans class Alexandria and Lancer; the Challenger class Stafford (NCC-57531); and the Rigel class Nehru (NCC-62559). All were of course lost.

3) The four-nacelled Excelsior study model glimpsed at Wolf 359 is the Wambundu class of light cruisers. The triangular McQuarrie study models are early 23rd century carriers; in case those were present, the long one would be the Titan class, and the short one the Valkyr class.

4) The unmanned torpedoes flown from Mars would be "Colt" drones converted from mid-23rd century Mustang class corvettes.

Apart from those, it's all just a rehash of canon or novel continuity or of speculation that can be found at Bernd's Wolf 359 analysis page.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you add ships that we have seen pre-BOBW but never again?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Like what?

Mind you, I'd also like to see some POST battle designs, which by their NCC numbers should have all rights to be there, like the gang from First Contact. Not in huge numbers, but they really ought to have some representation.

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...mabye have an older Akira with square lifeboats and Galaxy style phaser rings/transporter emitters- just to be snarky. [Wink]

I'd like to see a Probert-Amby and Sternbach's "Pegasus" design in there as well (the one I made my model from).
What are you doing for the Rigel design? I gots one of those too:
 -
Photoshoppery by Andrew.

Hmmm....the Centaur and Medusa (third nacelle down!) designs would be nice additions to the mix.

But I'd keep it mostly small-ish ships: this as where Starfleet's arrogance really cost them, after all.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps