Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Mark's Ultimate Trek Project (Page 9)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Mark's Ultimate Trek Project
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kitbashes are good because they mean less time building ships and more time building shots. [Smile]

The original pics have been moved. I'll see where they are now...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once the Excelsior is completed, a Medusa cant be far behind, can it?
Fits the era and the look of the ships thrown to their deaths...

The four-nacelled Excelsior testbed would rock as well...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One can only hope. [Smile] The bottleneck here, as previously discussed, is that we're using Animation Master for the CG modelling, Karl's platform of choice. Since AM has not made many public Trek meshes (before the Gage), making these models will take the longest time. However, with the Gage looking like she does and the Excelsior and later ships to have as good or better detailing, the results should be great to see in the end.

Mark

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

For those wondering where all the Gage pictures went, they're now here:

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/USS%20Gage/

Now the new Excelsior model is done modelling, merely awaiting a paint job:

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Excelsior/

Question for you all: given the Excelsior's status as the most common TNG Fed starship, how many do you think would have been there? We know of two officially. I'm thinking five, maybe seven tops. You?

Mark

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gage was the one that reminded me of the XB-70 for the engineering hull.

Thanks

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...there should be 87,000 of them.

Heh. Seven is a nice number.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, uhh, who, me?

Six or seven would work.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Alright, everyone is invited to submit their ONE ship name they'd like to see in this film. We're just looking for names, which will be assigned to ships as we feel appropriate. No guarantees that the name will be used, or that it will be given to a cool ship - we just want names that we wouldn't ordinarily think were neat, but may well be from your perspective. If you're a guy who keeps comprehensive lists of ship names, I'd be careful about using canon names or those of ships that may not have been lost there.

Also, please explain the background of the name chosen. We're not only looking for proper names and places, but also neater names along the Enterprise or Voyager or Defiant line. One of the side projects that have been discussed is a sort of companion book/PDF or website that will describe the names, classes and brief histories of each of the ships involved in the battle, Hanson's original battle plan (which we've worked out, btw) and how stuff ultimately turned out. Some of this work may actually get outsourced while Karl and I continue work on the modeling and scripting...

Flare's getting a collective credit on this project, and dammit, you're gonna EARN it!

Mark

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a qualifier question before I delve into my ship list (33,333 entries & going strong!): Are you looking for more "multicultural" types of names (e.g., from all aspects of Earth & perhaps aliens as well) or more kind of..."publicly accessible" names (Avenger, Charioteer, Alacrity, that sort of thing)?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Little of both. Perhaps skewed a little to the more publically accessible side, to keep people from wondering what all the wierd names are. Still intend to have 2-3 good alien names in there, though. Not likely to go for overly violent names like Avenger or Conqueror - cool as they are, there's a definite lack of such in the canon. We're not naming British warships, after all.

The main rule here is that everyone gets one, so make it a good one.

And another one, if you are among the first five or so to suggest a good Klingon name for the squadron that joins the battle later on. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Nix. Named, of course, after the satellite of the "dwarf planet" Pluto.
Shik
Member # 343

I would like to submit the name Shenzhou. It's the name of the Chinese spacecraft program & I believe it merits honor.

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about USS Ptichka, after what was to be the second Soviet space shuttle after Buran before they ran out of funding and cancelled the program. Incidentally, the name was only an informal nickname as their was no official name.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

USS Wright for the first flyboys.
Since there is a USS Tian An Men I figure that USS Dachau, USS Auschwitz, USS Birkenau, USS Treblinka, USS Belzec, USS Sobib�r, USS Lublin, USS Majdanek, USS Chelmno, and USS Ravensbr�ck would also be fitting.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USS Kumari to continue the lineage of Shran's old ship (hey, they should reflect the whole of Starfleet- not just earth!).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps