Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Mark's Ultimate Trek Project (Page 14)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Mark's Ultimate Trek Project
NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

- posted      Profile for NEKOSEI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Are you kidding me? Fidning Oberth details is easy as fuck.

No, I'm not kidding you.
While there are many many Oberth images out there with very nice details on them... NONE of them show the impulse drive clearly that I have found -yet-.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this & this & this (which is from amn awesome card model site) & this...oh, & this...& this, too...& this as well as this...

Well. I'm sure you can find more if you need too. My suggestion? Have Jason Abbadon introduce you over at the Starship Modeler forums; I haven't been there in years as I don't build anymore. Modelers are always willing to show of detail bits, & I bet you'll be able to find things for anything you need.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

- posted      Profile for NEKOSEI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And those last two were the only ones I needed to complete the detail list. --Thanks for snagging those.

And Starship Modeler just might indeed be useful, especially if anyone actually attempted to build any of the Excelsior test models...

NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

The Oberth modeling is now complete.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Oberth/oberth05.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Oberth/oberth06.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Oberth/oberth07.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Oberth/oberth08.jpg

Not entirely sure what I'm going to work on next... Maybe I'll take a little break from Trek and work some more on models for my own personal use... I have been wanting to get some rendering done on my comic idea for a long time... I just need to make/convert the models need to start.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These look terrific, and I can only imagine what they'll be like with textures. You're doing these with A:M? Brave! Also, I want to pick your brain.

On the Oberth model it looks like there may be a smoothing problem at the fore of the secondary hull, the rounded shape. Just looks like it might be a tad bumpier than you intended. Also I can't tell if it's just the angle, but is the shape in which it is nested supposed to be cut so deeply? Mind you I can only see these "problems" in the oberth06.jpg file. Great work though! Looking forward to seeing more

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good- the ventral primary hull where the impulse engine cinnects is incorrect though- there are two recessed panels there and a small segmented detail part, not those twin tube thingies.
I'lll dig up a correct model and take a pic.

It's a very minor detail though- probably fine to leave it "as is".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

quote:
Originally posted by bX:
On the Oberth model it looks like there may be a smoothing problem at the fore of the secondary hull, the rounded shape. Just looks like it might be a tad bumpier than you intended. Also I can't tell if it's just the angle, but is the shape in which it is nested supposed to be cut so deeply? Mind you I can only see these "problems" in the oberth06.jpg file. Great work though! Looking forward to seeing more

Thanks for the comments. [Big Grin]
Yesm the rounded nose of the secondary hull might be a bit more bumpy than it should be. However I'm hoping texturing will hide that.

And as far as I can tell, the recessed area *is* cut that deep. One problem is that I need to round out that area to better fit how far in it goes. Though this just might be something that can be left alone. I have no clue how long this ship will be on camera... XD

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Looks good- the ventral primary hull where the impulse engine cinnects is incorrect though- there are two recessed panels there and a small segmented detail part, not those twin tube thingies.
I'lll dig up a correct model and take a pic.

It's a very minor detail though- probably fine to leave it "as is".

It would be nice to have at least that area accurate, as another version of the Oberth will be quite prominant with that area right there for all to see. Thanks a bunch!
Pleiades10
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for Pleiades10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like exellent stuff here! [Smile]

(Yes Im here, still hanging on lol).

--------------------
errrr...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geez...you're still a "junior" member?
Can we change your name to "Aqualad"?

Post some new stuff slackers!

I gots some new Romulan models to share....later tonight, maybe.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

Weapons test!

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/Weapons/?action=view¤t=weapons.flv

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blahgh! Finally slogged through 14 pages of posts to catch up so I didn't say something inane.

I don't know a damn thing about Animation Master, but I can help out if you need texturing. The only modeling I ever did was in POV-Ray, and the only thing I ever proved good at was planets. Don't know if there's a proggie to export POV files to AM though.

I'd also offer to help with any voice-over or panicked dying people voices, but my sound card cost $7 and the mic sounds like total shit through it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT part is actually okay. The aim of this project is to use dialogue and screams as though they were background combat chatter retrieved from data recorders of the wrecks. Staticky, low-quality recordings of people reporting damage, maneuvers, and screaming in agony are what we want, layered over and over on top of each other, into a sort of cacophonic muscial accompaniment.

We're not creating a true drama based on an historica event, we're reporting the battle as we thought it could have gone - think "Black Hawk Down" more than "Titanic". However, through the dialogue we will be crafting a story to go along with it, hinting at the lives of the people whom we know will be dead by the end of the show. They won't just be radio operators, as it were.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

There are three types of files AM can deal with outside of it's own... .AV2, .3DS, .PLY

However it can use tga image files like every other 3D program, so creating the textures would greatly help.

And we do need Mars...

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know, there's no way to export POV-Ray files to any other format, simply because it's a completely different way of doing things. Most programs use a wireframe approach to objects, but POV-Ray uses a mathematical approach, i.e. a sphere would be a line of code saying sphere{0,0,0,5}. Sorry to burst that bubble. But like you said, you could still help with textures!
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but I used to have a program called Crossroads that could read POV-Ray files and export them to DXF or 3DS.

So about mars, I guess the best I could do would be still renders for background shots, but I have a hunch that will not cut the cheese. What kinds of textures do you need?

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps