Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Mark's Ultimate Trek Project (Page 15)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Mark's Ultimate Trek Project
NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

- posted      Profile for NEKOSEI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All that is really needed are the basics...
An image map, and a displacement map.

The displacement maps that AM uses are basically greyscale images where black is the lowest, and white is the highest.

Can Crossroads also convert 3DS to POV? We could try a test of converting one of the ships to 3DS, and see what you can do with it...

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately I haven't seen Crossroads in years...I can take a look round for it, methinks.

POV uses the same format for heightmaps...but what are you looking for, precisely, in terms of size (as in coverage of the planet) and resolution?

NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

- posted      Profile for NEKOSEI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the plant will probably be pretty big in the background, so it will need to be detailed. Say...10,000 pixels?

As for coverage... Probably should play it safe and have as much of the planet covered as possible. Who knows what camera angles we will have right now.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna start grabbing up maps and photos of Mars...this'll be fun [Smile]
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I got some good topographical maps...they're perfect for reference as I make the heightmap.
tech85
Member # 2006

- posted      Profile for tech85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I join this site because I am trying to find Adam "mojo"Liebowitz. I Used to go to Brooklyn TEchnical High School with him. He got me interested in sci-fi. He spoke to me about Star Wars everyday. I always knew he'd be in some form of Sci-fi camp.
tech85
Member # 2006

- posted      Profile for tech85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I join this site because I am trying to find Adam "mojo"Liebowitz. I Used to go to Brooklyn TEchnical High School with him. He got me interested in sci-fi. He spoke to me about Star Wars everyday. I always knew he'd be in some form of Sci-fi camp.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't Facebook.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

tech85
Member # 2006

I am new to the scene but would like to get to know the people i'm talking to. Johnny this isn't facebook. Novice it seem are not welcome if so say SO. [Eek!]
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignore Johnny, he's as much a novice as anyone else, so let him be.

The closest I could direct you to Mojo would be his profile, I guess: http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi/profile/536.html

You could send him a Private Message and it might notify him by e-mail, but maybe an enterprising member might sweep in and be able to hook you up with a more direct method of contacting him.

Don't let the snotty kids get to you.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tech85:
I am new to the scene but would like to get to know the people i'm talking to. Johnny this isn't facebook. Novice it seem are not welcome if so say SO. [Eek!]

This post bought to you by Torgo. Anyways, welcome to flare.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tech85, please check your private messages.

Everyone else, back to Wolf 359!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tech85:

Sorry, don't listen to me. I was a bit disgruntled at you asking in a completely unrelated thread, but I shouldn't have been rude. New people are certainly welcome on here.

And actually, though I was being sarcastic about Facebook, that might be a useful tool if the other methods of contacting Mojo don't work. It does have the facility for searching former classmates, after all.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

NEKOSEI
Member # 1844

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I'm gonna start grabbing up maps and photos of Mars...this'll be fun [Smile] I got some good topographical maps...they're perfect for reference as I make the heightmap.

Awesome! If you want, I point you to an 8k image of Earth used this image: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k163/NEKOSEI/USS%20Gage/ussgage1280.jpg

You can use it for a size reference, and then all I need to do is replace the images to have it map to the sphere properly.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Cool, post it here or PM me. The hard part is proving to be piecing together Mars photos into a starting map of the surface in visible light (and with enough res).
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps