Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 25)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
So, um, where ARE these WMDs?

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And doesn't know that Errol Fylnn was an Australian.
Christ, what a idiot this guy is. Surely no-one can really be this stupid? Are we now expected to state every fact we know about anything when the subject comes up? We might have to, since in Mountain Troll's weird little world not saying Errol Flynn is Australian = not knowing Errol Flynn is Australian! Despite the fact his nationality had almost no bearing on anything whatsoever! In fact, yes, Errol was Australian - Tasmanian, actually. He played an American in a film which downplayed the role of British/Commonwealth troops, many of whom resented it. Partly because he WAS one of them!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know Mel gibson is Austrailian?
Cause, you know, it's bound to come up. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Mistaking Hollywood for history. How sad. [Razz]
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mel Gibson, of course, was born in New York.

quote:
Just as I would speak up were Sol to call a group of people "wetabacks" or some such.
Yeah, what of it? Goddamned New Zealanders are stealing American jobs!

(Because: WETA.)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't bust on New Zealand: It'll be an American national park once our master plan is reaiz...er...
prahaps I've said too much already.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wet-a-back, of course, in my best WOP Chico Marx voice. [Wink]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
So, um, where ARE these WMDs?

You'll find out sometime this month, I expect.
Kay is planning to make his case to Congress as early as mid-September.

Kay

quote:
Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia, the top Democrat on the Intelligence Committee, said he thinks "there's a very good chance" that weapons of mass destruction will eventually be found.

On Wednesday, Rockefeller chided White House officials for what he saw as a retreat from their original assessment of the Iraqi threat by pointing to evidence of weapons programs, rather than to actual weapons.

Asked Thursday after his committee's briefing whether he had confidence actual weapons would be found, Rockefeller said, "I don't know whether I'm confident or not, but I certainly am hopeful that we're going to find weapons of mass destruction, and I think there's a very good chance of that."

He also said he doesn't believe that if the weapons exist they would have been found by now.

"I've always had the feeling that somewhere out in the deserts in a country the size of California, these things could be buried. There could be surprises," Rockefeller said.

Incidentally, this is a change in direction of Senator Rockefeller's position from as late as June 2003.

quote:
Sen. John "Jay" Rockefeller, vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said he welcomed the upcoming hearings, but described them as "not sufficient" and called for a "full fact-finding investigation."

"We need to be able to request additional intelligence documents; interview intelligence community and administration officials, past and present; hold closed and open hearings, and prepare a final public report on lessons learned," the West Virginia Democrat said in a statement.

I'm just sayin' perhaps the top folks on the Intelligence Committees know stuff that certain other folks don't, is all.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
there's a very good chance" that weapons of mass destruction will eventually be found.
Another startling case for pre-emptive war.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*snore*

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Lucky we Nuked the Japanese before they developed a delivery system for the Black plague they were developing in China. Saved a lot of lives then. Out of the question now of course. Too bad would have made for some nice sunsets.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Do you use some sort of random thought generator when you post?

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Yes I do. Isn't it just so boring when everyone is politicaly correct.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you of the mistaken impression that the Japanese DIDN'T conduct biological warfare experiments with the plague in China during WWII?
Unit 731

It also says that the US helped them cover it up. That, at least, you should have no problem believing.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps