Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 27)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
M2, although the "Neville Chamberlain of Fluffy town " thing was funny, dude, do you have a serious point?

Or any point at all for that matter?

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something you fail to understand here, Mountain Man, is that the Flameboard is to talk about flameworthy topics, not to flame the shit out of each other.

The BS stops.

Failure to do so will result in a few bans being pulled.

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Just a missconception. Partly because of the label. Looked like it meant anything goes. No harm meant.
IP: Logged
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To drag this thread kicking and screaming back to something even approaching the point...

Looks like Hoon wasn't being entirely truthful

And the dossier was 'over-egged'. Whether or not this is worse than sexing up has yet to be confirmed.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

"the first casualty of war is the truth" Don't remember who said that.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
The BS stops.

I am terribly upset. Where's the "Now"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

You've apparently missunderstood the meaning of the Quote. It means that people lie about things when Wars are being planned. Any journalist would recognize that. The book that uses part of that Quote as its title is a classic about war corespondents. I was actually trying to be on your side for once.Perhaps its just a bit obscure. It is about human nature and how things like the truth are twisted to the purpose of those who have an agenda. It can be taken to mean just about what ever you want it to mean.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who are you talking to?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wraith, I think, but it my have been himself....
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In his first reply, sure. And then Liam talks to Charles, and then Mr. Man posts again addressing...?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he's talking to the board itself.

how long until CC upgrades another decimal in the beta version number and this puppy accidentally becomes self aware. what will we have created?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

A matter of thread leakage and general animosity. This made Liams post appear to be a protest to my post. Just the sort of missunderstandings that screw up peace talks. On a smaller scale.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say, Liam, 'e's a reasonably smart chap, and misunderstanding, "The BS stops." seems only remotely conceivable.....

For him that is.....

[Wink]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Comes from trying to read the personality behind the mask. My own point of view is of course the only right one. Thats how it is with us fanatics. How would you like it if I were the one with the WMDs. My firing solution has already been ploted. and both keys are in place. Quite simple to rig this baby so I can turn both keys myself, been planing this for two years now. Lets hear a good reason not to nuke. Of course I'm just pulling your leg.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Don't remember who said that."

H. W. Johnson, 1917.

"what will we have created?"

A MONSTAR!!

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps