Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 22)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
I am a little blood thirsty when it comes to the subject of Terrorist and those who support them.

I really hate to do this but...does this include all those Americans who sit around in bars and talk about how the IRA are jolly good people?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well Lee you seem to have missed out on the fact that you have no point of view that makes any sense here. Perhaps Fluffytown has none of the problems that face those of us in the real world. The land where my home will be built has been in our family for more than two centuries. Among the members of my family that have fallen in combat more than half lie at the bottom of the Pacific or rotting away in the jungle. Too bad about Grandpa, he probably fought along side some of my kin. If the enemy strikes at us why should he expect any better than he got. P.S. I have no personal knowledge of the IRA. Its not a big subject of interest here. The IRA has yet to attack us. Better to ask the English about their views on that. I get where you are coming from I have heard that there are some Americans that support the IRA. Seems to me that it is against the law to do so and that occasionally some go to jail for it.
IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Beautiful place very far from the city, May build a home there one day.

Yes, let's all go find an untouched unspoilt wilderness and build houses there. I call Antarctica!

Bitch!
Fine, dig up all the aliens and mammoths and stuff...jerk.
I call the Farralon Islands! Lets see the Latter Day Saints knock on my door there! Swim, churchie! SWIM FOR YOUR LIFE!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Boy I thought you guys were serious at first but I soon realized that no one is truly that stupid. Good joke. All the fake over the top Stereotype atheist treehugger crap makes a pretty good comedy routine. Can you sing and dance as well?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"If the enemy strikes at us why should he expect any better than he got."

Because by striking back in kind you 1) become your enemy and 2) perpetuate the spiral of hatred. You can't eliminate terrorism through war.

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Come on Cartman you can do better than that. Sounds like one of those post modern social theories to me. Terrorist have little in common with governments. Nations can come to terms but Fanatics must be eliminated. You seem to be mistaking Fanatics for those that have the ability to understand something besides violence.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like him. He's easy to tease. Can I keep him, Mom? Pleeeeeaaaaaassee? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it was my great-uncle who died - my grandmother's brother. Fleet Air Arm, Swordfish pilot, went to have a gander at a new AA installation on the French coast and got just that bit too close. Navigator survived the war in a prison camp.

My grandfather fighting alongside your kin (kin?! I'm seeing MM as Howard Keel in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers). . . Bit of a sore point there. He was a tank commander in Burma, saw some really nasty fighting. Thousands of Allied troops, mainly Brits, Anzacs and Indians, slogging through years of jungle combat. And then what happens? Errol Flynn makes a movie in which he and a handful of Yanks win the whole shebang without even crumpling their perfectly-pressed battledress.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Attack, retaliation. Attack, retaliation.
Not only is it a pattern in the real world, it's a pattern here at Flare!

--------------------
Meh

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Sounds like one of those post modern social theories to me."

You must've not read much Renaissance revenge tragedies. You know, the ones where subject A kills subject B for stepping on his toe, then B's brother C kills A, A's friend D kills C, C's cousin kills D, so on and so forth until you get a bunch of gory bodies on the stage at the end and the only people left in town are women. Woo!

"Terrorist have little in common with governments. Nations can come to terms but Fanatics must be eliminated. You seem to be mistaking Fanatics for those that have the ability to understand something besides violence."

And America solves problems by understanding the troubles of other nations and not taking advantage of their cheap labor and resources, thereby keeping peace in all the world.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We seem to be overrun by Tennesseans, Omega and now M2.

Almost makes me want to go out and shoot a bar (that's bear to the rest of y'all.) [Wink]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Don't think any of my kin were in Burma. One escaped when the Japs over ran Bataan and spent most of the war fighting along side the phillipinos. Several fought trough out the european theatre from Operation Torch to the final push to Berlin. Tennessee Riflemen made quiet a name for themselves as frontline combat soldiers. The Errol Flynn movie was based on actual events. Merril's Marauders fought along side the British and the Chinese. Most of our casualties came at Tarawa, Okinawa, and Sipan. Japs were tough and it took tough men to take them down. The English proved they had what it took but face it, they were outnumbered and without us you would be speaking German right now. Dramas? What about History?
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Japs?!?!

What's that all about? It's 2003, how about we stop using the racial epithets.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Jappanese then. Or Niponese. Not easy to remain objective when disscussing those who have killed members of your family. Personaly never thought of the term as a racial epithet. Just an abreviation. There are a few racial epithets connected with the Jappanese, don't hear them much. Shooting BARS? Shooting up bars maybe. Howard Keel? Thank you, very nice compliment.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

You know, I had family in WWII as well, a grandfather at Coral Sea, you don't have a corner on people who served their country either in WWII or in the rest of the history of the United States.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps