Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 23)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
And how do you vote? Terrorist, Yay or Nay? WW2 is just one example my family has been here since before this was a country. Every war fought since the French and Indian War. None have died in Iraq yet. Knock on wood. Still, any American killed is a piece out of my heart. To get back on topic. Weapons of mass destruction. Airliners + Fanatics = Mass Destruction. Well lets hear an alternate plan for dealing with Al Queda. The floor is open gentlemen.
IP: Logged
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I vote? Well, like all right thinking peole,I definitely pro-terrorist. What a silly question.

Come on now, if you think invading Iraq did much of anything to dissuade the use of terror against the United States, well, I think you are sadly mistaken.

And if you think invading countries is going to do much of anything in the never ending war on terror, well, it doesn�t take too much to figure out that:

1) you can�t let the country slide back into anarchy from whence the terror grew (Afghanistan);

2) you have to be able to run the country better than the dictator you�ve just kicked out, and generally that means having some sort of reasonable plan. In the case of Iraq, it�s too bad that before the start of on hostilities the current administration was pretty much counting how much Halliburton was going to make on the war rather than trying to figure out how to get the necessities, oh electricity and water, to the people who live there;

3) being in Iraq ain't doing much to stop al Queda;

and

4) you can�t have a war huge tax cuts for the wealthy, have a war and pay for occupation and rebuilding at the same time.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Next. Come on folks, with all the brain power around here, there has to be a cure all for this very simple problem.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
M2 is a jokster.....

Next on M2's list of things to straighten is the Deffie's length......

No cure's here, except for the one that says we agree to disagree, sometimes venamently.....

Actually, the WsMD are in the USA, buried in the ground ready for launch....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'm all for ancestral rage fantasies. It's why I refuse to eat pizza, associated as it is with the descendants of the hated Romans. Teutonic pride!
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Vehemently, I know it doesn't look right but thats the way it's spelled,or is that spelt. One of those who pointed out one of my errors, misspelled my misspelling, Gee this place is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Not enough action in the SCI FI parts though. Wonder if any of these world class scholars ever actually graduated high school? Guess when they grade on a curve any thing is possible.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zuh?

On a non-flamey sidenote, I do wonder sometimes what the average age is. The Old Guard is now mostly post-college, but we aren't in the majority.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, I never technically graduated from high school, because I was educated in a different school system. . .

Heh, the Old Guard. I always wanted to call ourselves the Grey Council. Perhaps we should have a new Member category above Perpetual, call it. . . now, how do you spell it? En'til'za? Is that the name for a Grey Councilmember, or just Minbari for Annoying Half-Minbari With Croatian Accent?

quote:
The English proved they had what it took but face it, they were outnumbered and without us you would be speaking German right now.
Do people actually believe this?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1034488,00.html

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Not easy to remain objective when disscussing those who have killed members of your family."

The Germans are still all nazis, right? The Italians are still all fascists, right? The Russians are still all communists, right?

There's a natural law. Physics tells us that for every action there must be an equal and opposite reaction. They hate you. You hate them. They hate you back. And so, here you are, a victim of mathematics.

"Still, any American killed is a piece out of my heart."

I hope you have a big heart, because you're going to lose a lot of pieces with the cure you propose.

"Wonder if any of these world class scholars ever actually graduated high school?"

From the way you disparage entire ethnic and racial groups, I wonder if you did.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...there has to be a cure all for this very simple problem.

You think worldwide terror is a very simple problem with a simple 'invade their country and convert them' solution?

Oi.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Is that the name for a Grey Councilmember, or just Minbari for Annoying Half-Minbari With Croatian Accent?"

Entil-zha means The One, man. It doesn't matter who holds the office of head of the Rangers. What kind of a fan are you? B)

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Different school system. That would be english I expect. Well now since the English have never had a problem with calling Americans Yanks, Which is actually a derogatory term meaning thief,or calling the Australians Aussies. Why make a big deal about the Abbreviation of Jappanese? That is a very, very weak argument. As far as how the Jappanese military behaved in WW2, really people what defense is there for that level criminal savagery. England is a great country, and showed great courage in facing the threat of being cut off and slowly but surely destroyed by a powerful enemy. But without allies they were sunk. Perhaps actually studying the War and the numbers would clue you in on that.BTW Errol Flynn was an Australian the movie that you mentioned would have been Objective Burma. Hard to see how that movie could be an insult to England. Still that does show a certain degree of petty behavior that I've come to expect. So carry on Enstein no answers here yet, the world is waiting.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Japanese.

2) THERE IS NOT A ROLL EYES SMILEY SASSY ENOUGH.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

This is getting a bit weird.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps