Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Backstreet Boys or U2: Which is better? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Backstreet Boys or U2: Which is better?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute? My gf saw a pic of U2 quite a while ago and said that Larry Mullen Jr (the drummer) was quite cute. Bono to her is just plain ugly.

So Dane, you were at Tempe? Do you remember this quote?

"..... her Lover's turnin' on the Television. And I can't tell the difference between ABC News, Hill Street Blues, and the Preacher on the Old Time Gospel Hour, stealing money from the sick and the old. For the God I believe in isn't short of Cash, Mister."

That's one of my fave quotes and it's currently used as my sig over at TrekBBS.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for that matter, Tori Amos references a lot of stuff, particularly the Sandman comics.

This is doubly cool because the Sandman comics referenced her BACK.

I don't know of any other times this has happened.

And the chick's got an entire song that consists of names of FLOWERS! o_0

Also, as I understand it a lot of bands in the 60's and later referenced the writer William S. Burroughs.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if obscureness is a virtue, I could name a few groups...

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I'm not a big Satriani fan (personally, I like words in most of the songs I listen to), I've got friends who are, and the man definitely knows how to play a guitar.

Oh, and I pronounce "Bono" w/ a long 'o'. If he wanted a short 'o', he should have spelled it "Bonno". :-)

------------------
Jackson: "Basically, he was the original Satan."
O'Neill: "Well, isn't that special?"
-Stargate SG-1: "Serpent's Song"

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the english language, you can mix up the slepping some. Anyone know how to say ghoti?
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cen lic jeid xane frag brisp zentala Gruim.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This is a brand new song...we haven't recorded it yet, but we're going to now." - John Flansburgh

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not the only one who likes BSB, ask Michael. He's as obsessed with them as any girl on TV...

But seriously, did your girlfriend really think why she likes BSB? I know Michael and I have only three reasons we like the group.

1. The members are cute to us (Hey, Michael and I are gay, so sue us!)

2. They are currently the "it" band, but I think N'Sync will dethrone them soon though

3. It's the only music to put Michael and I in the mood to..ahhh..."exercise"

We both listen to what's popular in music, not just BSB. We both know the reason we like their music, and it's pretty superficial. We listen to Ricky Martin and to Marc Anthony when we both are in the mood to dance salsa, we listen to the Foo Fighters when we feel like driving like maniacs on the road, and we listen to certain rap songs like the song with Dr. Dre and that annoying white guy whenever we feel b*t@hy.

------------------
We did it on the floor,
We did it by the door,
We did it all night,
We did it under a light,
So how about for tonight we do it some more...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, call me a crazy old pice of fruit, but did any of those three reasons make a reference to their musical ability? No...

Then I stand by my comment made earlier about Justin's sense of taste.

------------------
"Sometimes I wish the planet would be scoured with cleansing fire. Other times I just wish Frank would be."
Sol System

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Superficial???

BINGO!!!!

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, Psy, whatever you want... you're a crazy old piece of fruit.

And Tahna, I definitely remember that quote! That concert was far and away the best I've ever seen (and I'm a Rush fan, too, so that's saying something).

------------------
Dane

"Mathematicians have long held that a million monkeys banging on a million keyboards would eventually reproduce the collected wisdom of the human race. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Robert Silensky

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dane!! You are the man!!! I saw the Permenant Waves tour, Moving Pictures, Signals, then they didn't come here for a long while, then I went to Pittsburg to see, (can't recall for sure) either Roll the Bones or the next tour after that.

I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn and Joe Satriani on MTV unpluged one night. I had always liked Joe, but Stevie made him look like a beginer that night. Joe needs to be pluged in to sound right, all his music is for electric.

I got my first Miles Davis disc a couple of months ago. I may have to get another soon, the man could play!!

Try Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, for some more great jazz, their bass player, Victor Wooten is the best in the business.
( small correction. I did not see the Rush, Hemispheres tour. I heard most of the music at the Permenant Waves tour)
------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited March 03, 2000).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, obviously Stevie Ray Vaughan was better. He was a God.

I'd give my hands to be able to play like he did.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miles Davis? Did someone say Miles? Cool.

Which disc did you get? I could recommend others depending on what your tastes are.

------------------
Ohh, so Mother Nature needs a favor? Well maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts, and plagues and poison monkeys. Nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit because she's losing...well I say "Hard Cheese"!
~C. Montgomery Burns

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the reason why Justin and I like the Backstreet Boys is superficial. What did you expect? We like them for their talent?

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Vanderbilt, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that didn't just answer what this whole thing was about, then I don't know what will.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps