Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Backstreet Boys or U2: Which is better? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Backstreet Boys or U2: Which is better?
Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went from U2 vs. Backstreet Boys to gay bashing? And I thought I went off on tangents at times. Scarry.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

[This message has been edited by fructose1 (edited March 05, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing I'm wondering about is why Liam only has one ball...

Wait... Nevermind. I'd rather not wonder about that...

------------------
"Can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding."
-They Might Be Giants, "Your Racist Friend"

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps he had a gardening accident...

That or he sat on a bicycle the wrong way...

As for my comments earlier, I was kidding about having a threesome. That would defeat the purpose of a monogamous relationship.

And a harpoon is an interesting substitute for a dildo though, but Michael and I are not into S/M, just light bondage.

------------------
"Life is like a dick, sometimes you just wanna f**k it"
-Yun Zhu
USS Vanderbilt NCC-73121, Vanderbilt Class Starship

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude (If I can call you that), Bondage is S&M.

And S&M is an album by Metallica, who are ninety billion times better than the Backdoor Boys.

(Just trying to bring this topic back on topic)

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 05, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DUDE!

I just bought that album and listened to it over the weekend. That is the coolest thing I have ever heard. I was dubious as to what Metallica would sound like backed up by a full symphony orchestra, but... WHEE!

MAN, it's really GOOD!

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only heard a couple of the songs from it. And the only one I'm really familiar w/ is "No Leaf Clover". It's pretty good, but I did think that the orchestra made it sound... this is going to seem odd, but... "large". I don't know if anyone knows what I mean here... The song just sounded too open and expansive to me. I'd like to hear what it would sound like if they did a regular studio recording of it w/o the orchestra...

------------------
Homer: "I can see what's happening. They did it to Jesus, and now they're doing it to me."
Marge: "Are you comparing yourself to our lord?!"
Homer: "Well, in bowling ability..."
-The Simpsons

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you use "ball" to mean "Adam's Apple" is America? We do all the time in the UK. I can't believe that you didn't know that.

------------------
"Sometimes I wish the planet would be scoured with cleansing fire. Other times I just wish Frank would be."
Sol System

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

*nudges Liam and whispers "Nice save..."*

------------------
Homer: "I can see what's happening. They did it to Jesus, and now they're doing it to me."
Marge: "Are you comparing yourself to our lord?!"
Homer: "Well, in bowling ability..."
-The Simpsons

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers. I think I got it by them, don't you?

Now, if I could only find my other testicle, we'd be back in business.

------------------
"Sometimes I wish the planet would be scoured with cleansing fire. Other times I just wish Frank would be."
Sol System

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it should also be mentioned that U2 has appeared as themselves on at least one episode of "The Simpsons" and are thusly forever ensconced in a second cultural phenomenon.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only one appearance by U2 on the Simpsons, but a few references to them. Chief Wiggums has said, "Okay, Achtung Babies"

Ah, the Simpsons...and Star Trek: whatever number. Klingons approaching once again, Kirk and everybody with arthritis and Scotty in Engineering who can't raise shields because he's so fat he can't reach the console even if he's at his station. Okay that's enough from me.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about the Star Trek and Animaniacs? Anyone from the US remember when the Warner Brothers and the Warner sister visited the Enterprise? That was funny. It also explained in a Non-Canon way why Scotty became "Larger than Life," Yakko replicated him doughnuts.

------------------
"Life's a bitch, then you die"
-USS Vanderbilt, Vanderbuilt Class starship

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a fabulous episode of Animaniacs, if I do say so myself.

------------------
Man it's a real shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps