Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » To the citizens of the United States of America (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: To the citizens of the United States of America
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grr...
I don't know what First meant, but I'm eager and willing to fight him over it anyway.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if we can't call you "Europeans", then I demand that you stop calling us "Americans". Hell, that groups two continents into one entity. At least Europe is just one, and a fairly small one, at that.

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'd rather not be considered American.

------------------
Communism. Who wouldn't like their neighbour thrown into a goulag?

Please vote for the Communist Party of Canada This November 27th.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All right, that's it!

I'm declaring myself the fully independent sovereign nation of Robistan! First fully-mobile state! I declare myself Dictator For Life.

Who wants to start a war?

*The Geek that Roared*

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I admit it we can be very egocentric (it has been slowly breed into us). You have to admit though we have one of the better countries in the world. As for the grouping of calling all of you foreign types Europeans that is what you do to us. We live in an area classified as North America but we live in different states and call each other by those names, Oregonian, Mississippian, etc...you get the point. Now about our "Football" I resent being called a bunch of nancies because we wear pads. I've played both types of football they are both equally hard. One requires running endurance and lots of coordination skill. The other requires physical endurance ie. the ability to withstand lots of punishment and yes you need to have a brain to play this game, the idea of brain dead jocks is really outdated. As for the statement about the irish......I'm going to have to agree. Oh by the way if you really want this country back your welcome to try and take it. You might find that task a little on the hard side. We are arrogent for a reason.

(Just so everyone knows I am having fun with this)

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but real men play rugby. Especially Australian rugby.

"We burnt your White House down once, and I'm sure as hell we can do it again!"

------------------
Communism. Who wouldn't like their neighbour thrown into a goulag?

Please vote for the Communist Party of Canada This November 27th.

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh*

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't consider myself a Marylander ...

"I am Jeff Benson, the Marylander!" ::draws sword, chops off heads::

Of course, we Americans (er, US Americans), also tend to group ourselves as "European Americans" ... I myself would be a "Swedish American", and dammit, I *want* that distinction!

Well, ok -- I'd be a "Swedish/German American..."

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh. I'm just Acadian

(that's from the area known as Acadia, that being the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.)
(That's in Canada, got it? It's not all snow and igloos up here)

------------------
Hunt: "You cheated!"
Rhade: "It's only cheating if you get caught."
-Andromeda, "Double Helix"

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited November 17, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, have you read Snow Crash?

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Gonna donate half my money to the city.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MsChris: I don't know if you've been around long enough to realize it, but this sort of nationalism is normal 'round here. Don't worry about it. :-)

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: yes.

------------------
"I do prefer the arse, but you can't dismiss the leg. They're joined at the hip, so to speak."

- Liam Kavanagh

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: No. Whatsit?

UM: Yeah? well WE lit that castle fire a couple years back!
(What? I wasn't supposed to let that slip yet? sorry...)

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited November 18, 2000).]

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Tis okay. I get over things rather quickly.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a cyberpunk novel by Neal Stephenson. Anyway, in it one of the characters has declared himself a sovereign nation, and that claim is honored because he has a small but powerful nuclear device strapped to his back.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps