Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Seen any good movies? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Seen any good movies?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, Cringing Leopard, Dozy Frog as my brother calls it. 8)

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one who thought that 'Crouching Man in the bush with a monkey in the bush who may or may not also be the man who is hidden' should have been set up the bomb?

It was absolutely nothing new.

Academy: Oh, but it's foreign! And has a female lead! Woohoo! let's nominate it, because we're so artsy.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Titus a little while ago. Freaky, but I liked it. And Dogma's awesome, too. And I also enjoyed Mission to Mars and The General's Daughter...

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i really liked titus, it just took a few weeks of therapy to recover from it.

------------------
"...and I, I took the road less travelled by, and that has made all the difference. when i died a few minutes later after a tree fell on me."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL...

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer the original question: No.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another two I liked were Red Planet and Memento.

------------------
*Kenshiro gets off bed made from solid stone*
*Bed made from solid stone explodes*
Fist of the North Star

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crouching Cider, Hidden Flagon -

a harrowing tale of life in hte inner city, as one old alcoholic tries to teach a 15 year old the true value of flagons of cider as opposed to the evils of drinking in pubs, with their crisps and peanuts and music.

------------------
"Sack me!? I MADE the BBC!!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dancer In the Dark Bj�rk was SUBLIME!
Quills (the whole CAST was fantastic)
Shadow of the Vampire John Malkovich = awesome actor
Small Time Crooks Absolutely HILARIOUS!
The Emperor and the Assassin Breath-taking

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a "real" Chinese (not ABC, nor CBC), I have to say other then two of the fight scences, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. The characters makes no connection to each other, further more, the story line does not flow smoothly.

In all, the books are way more better

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm not FOX or CBS either, and I didn't like that movie at all.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am an ABC, but i still enjoyed the movie, but not the horrible mandarin.

------------------
"...and I, I took the road less travelled by, and that has made all the difference. when i died a few minutes later after a tree fell on me."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Long Kiss Goodnight

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I especially like the scene where they run from a grenade-explosion that is chasing them at 15mph.

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited February 24, 2001).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since UM has already stolen the joke, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and ask:

What's an ABC or CBC?

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps