Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Seen any good movies? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Seen any good movies?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The American President, American Psycho, Any Given Sunday, Armageddon, Blazing Saddles, Chicken Run, Clerks (Animated Series), Contact, Courage Under Fire, Dazed and Confused, Fallen, Fight Club, Fish Called Wanda, Glory, Highlander, Highlander: Endgame, Hollow Man, Keeping the Faith, Leon: The Professional, Long Kiss Goodnight, Magnolia, Matrix, Mumford, Office Space, Platoon, Princess Bride, Replacements, Silence of the Lambs, Sleepy Hollow, Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan, The Thin Red Line, Virgin Suicides

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited February 24, 2001).]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American-born or Canadian-born Chinese, Liam.

------------------
"You just push off....and the falling sort of happens on its own." ---Dave Titus

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just saw Chocolat tonight... WONDERFUL! Simply, Wonderful... Juliette Binoche should get Best Actress - was she nominated!?! Was Judi Dench nominated?? She was fantabulous...

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we are very proud of Lasse Hallstr�m. And Lena is still nice. I've been meaning to see that flick.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a turnip.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TURNIP!!!

*cough*

TURNIP!

*gagh!*

TURNIP!

TURNIIIIIIIP!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop that right now!!! Now you will never go to heaven, Jeff...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

ALL YOUR TURNIP ARE BELONG TO NOT ME!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both Judi Dench and Juliette Binoche were nominated IIRC

------------------
"...and I, I took the road less travelled by, and that has made all the difference. when i died a few minutes later after a tree fell on me."

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I should further explain my previous response:

What I said about ABC or CBC, I meant that maybe for CBC or ABC, the cultural characteristics, the sense of chinese heroism, or the methods of romance in ancient China is unfamiliar to them since they weren't expose to that much of Chinese culture.

What I'm trying to say is, this movie didn't represent the ancient spirit of China(hell, half of the cast can't even speak proper Mandarin). For me, this movie is more like Matrix meet Jackie Chan, because it didn't include things that I explained before in the previous paragraph.

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are Canadian-born Chinese Liams now? Are they the ones involved in this turnip debacle? I will not stand for it if they are.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The flag that used for the purposed of being the flag that us used as the national flag of the country known as China is red.

So?

SO ARE TURNIPS!

------------------
"This is such an amazingly minor complaint. Does anyone actually watch episodes anymore, or is it just a notebook + pause button exercise these days?"
-Sol System on what constitutes modern day Star Trek watching, 02-22-01

Nim
Member # 205

Actually I recall the Sacred Flag Of Turnips to be of a more light urple hue. Ask Psy. Being the proverbial turnip, he should be well versed in their affairs.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a turnip.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i definately see your point. Most of my ABC friends (and even a couple mainlanders) really liked the movie, my mom however was moderately unimpressed to say the least, though i also dislike Jackie Chan.

------------------
"...and I, I took the road less travelled by, and that has made all the difference. when i died a few minutes later after a tree fell on me."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Long Kiss Goodnight begins, more or less, with Geena Davis being kicked in the head by a deer. This was the high point of the film. Had it been nothing but a continuing sequence of shots wherein Ms. Davis was kicked in the head by deer, elk, and other hoofed mammals I would recommend The Long Kiss Goodnight whole-heartedly. As it was filmed, however, the hoof-to-head quotient of this film is quite low, replaced by far too many scenes in which we are asked to seriously accept the idea of Ms. Davis as a trash-talking assassin. To be fair, this is no less unbelievable than Ms. Davis as a trash-talking (and monkey-wearing) pirate.

Having said all that, of course, your milage may vary.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've found a new .sig...

------------------
"The Long Kiss Goodnight begins, more or less, with Geena Davis being kicked in the head by a deer. This was the high point of the film."

- Sol System, 2/24/01

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps