Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Counter-Strike! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Counter-Strike!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew you would said that.
It has got the slowest rate of fire, bad aim, extremely long reload rate and is expensive like hell. That's why it's a support weapon, for medium or long range. My friends and I usually buy one each so there are at least three of us walking abreast, moving down the opposition.
One gun aimed at a target gets about every third round within the crosshair, the other two rounds jerk away. With three guns...well you don't need to be a rocket scientist.
And it is intimidating like hell, the sound of three SAWs rumbling steadily towards you, it's like an avalanche. You hardly hear a grenade exploding in front of you. And the 100rd belt takes looong to go through, it's bliss if you do it right.

Then again, it always comes down to that, doing it right, doesn't it? :-)
Two days ago me and my pals did the three-gun foxtrot again, on Aztec-Map, walked up to a door to get to a big yard where we could dance, and three terrorists rushed us with AKs and SMGs (before we could pass through), getting into spitting distance instantly.
We never had a chance. And the bastards took our SAWs and used them to slaughter the rest of my team. It was unbelievable...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you ever get into "Smash or be Smashed"?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've played there about four times now. No Wake or PoBabyJesus yet. They're pretty good, but it varies a lot from time to time. Would be nice to meet up sometime, "JeepBoy".

Pity though that the ping is so lousy for me on that server, I get lag sometimes.
But I can hack it, I've spent more than a few hours on a server in Vancouver that supports 32 players PLUS has a bad connection, so I'm no stranger to ping. :-)

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod --

I'll be on tonight. Actually, "PoBabyJesus" was playing as "AbusedSow" recently, as it turns out. Anyway, I should be on as "Malnurtured Sow" tonight (starting 12:3 - 1am EST).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Nimrod:

Do a search for the "Vandit" server. There should be only one. Oh my god: they're good.

I actually had a rather good game last night. My skill level is rapidly improving. I got three kills in a row, believe it or not at one point. Mucho fun that was, yes.

Gotta love that AK - !

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo how about some of us hosting a server just for Flare people

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone has that much bandwidth to waste^H^H^H^H^Huse, I'll gladly set the thing up an admin it.
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it really consume that much bandwith?

How about if we make it Flare people only, better yet, let's make a "flair" clan!

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

A ... "Flair" clan? No thanks.

Anyone know a good website with maps of the, er, maps?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

As you know, I cannot play Counter-strike on my computer because a) I don't have a fast enough connection (cable modem getting installed Tuesday), and b) I need a software upgrade I can only get once I get the cable modem (otherwise, it's a 6-hr download).

However, tommorow when I get off work, I'm going to my friend Mike's place to play. His roomate is off to Boston, so I'll have unfettered access to Steve's computer. Look for me around 1:30 - 2am EST (okay, okay, so Sunday morning...), on the "Smash or be Smashed" server. I'll be Malnurtured Sow ... or maybe Boston Bitch ...

Hope to see some of you there. You'll know me because I'm the one who yells "snay" a lot.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Don't suppose anyone who is planning on being on "Smash or be Smashed" with me tonight (er -- tommorow morning, early) would want to post and alert me, eh?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's just me, but I thought Half Life maps and mods were easier to find than oxygen molecules.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Are you saying they're not?

Anyway, I'm off to work. After which, I'll be playing Counter-Strike. Looking forward to seeing some of you online ... actually, I'll try use my FLARE name (MeGotBeer), so anyone from here who'll be on Smash or be Smashed (sometime after 1:30 - 2am EST), try and use your Flare aliases, eh? (i.e.: BlueElectron/Nimrod)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

I've been Nimrod since DooM, bub. Ain't much sense in changing it now. It kind of chose me, actually.

This particular sunday I wonder if I'llmanage to get up up by the time of 8:00 as I need all the regen I can get before 10:00 to arrange a damn party. Of course I could just make it there, you never know, hehe.

Tell you what, though, I can usually stretch to 19:00-21:00 EST on a friday or saturday, so perhaps next week. I won't get ADSL for another two months, but the 280Kbit I've got now is juuuust enough to keep the ping above "intolerable" at your american servers.

I'm used to a ping of 20-60 milliseconds at my homie places, most american servers go from 200-600ms from where I'm at. Hopefully, that'll change soon.
In the meantime, you'll just have to enjoy your little advantage for as long as you can. ;.)

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: Nimrod ]

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Nimrod:

Most excellent! How cool was it that you found me on the Vandit server? Okay, okay, so our team got raped a few times ... although, we did particularly well on "Inferno", I thought.

Glad you could make it up that early! It's now about 5:40am here, I just got home from Mike's place -- lots of Counter-strike! You are an amazing player, you racked up those body bags.

Very much looking forward to playing with you again ...

Jeff

(Who is going to go to sleep now)

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps