Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Counter-Strike! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Counter-Strike!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why thank you! And we did get even with them wallhacking little turnips on Inferno, didn't we?
My connection was actually pretty good, as well. And it's good with stiff opposition, makes you concentrate a little extra.
And it makes it all the more sweet when you cream them good, you know, put some respect into them bastatucci's, slammin' the door on their salami's, cappin' their canneloni, lasagning their espressos... Wh*t th* fuck am I talking about?
(Oh, Mafia is running on the TV)

As for future engagements, yesterday was me with five hour's sleep and a hangover, so to coin a phrase..."You ain't seen nuthin' yet!" ;.

[ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: Nimrod ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim,

I thought I was good ... but, er, I'm not. My friend Mike (PoEBabyJesus) and Steve (SOBWake) are putting together their own servers ... oh, and dude, you ROCKED.

Anyway ... hey, do you know if there's a Counter-Strike level editor? Mike and I want to design an Italy-style level -- except, better. Sewers, taller buildings, etc.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the CS maps have been created by ordinary players, since the guys who created CS are ordinary players themselves. And many of the good maps have been made by people outside the original development team.
I haven't checked out the editors but I'm sure you can find links to them on PlanetHalfLife or Counter-Strike.net in the sidebar menus.

And you are not a total newbie at all, you seem to have all the traits in you that can be honed into proper CS instincts and tactics. Just keep putting in the hours.
It's always hard to try a new way of playing, one can be great at deathmatches and furballs of Quake or Unreal Tournament. But if one can't adapt to teamwork and the subliminal "wolf pack" psychology, CS will get very very lonely.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I'm new to FPS multi-player games. My previous experience was GoldenEye

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, Counterstrike, yes. But isn't anyone playing Firearms or Day of Defeat?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

No.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

Yes, I play both of them, but not as much as CS.
I was hooked with the delayed respawn in CS, it gave the bouts some sense of closure and realism, that people stay down for the remainder if they die.
And the Joint respawn, where everyone starts at the same time gives great opportunities to coordinate your efforts.

But DoD is cool, one of the few WWII FPS sims. The weapons are cool and the surroundings are very WWII-like, even if it resembles the original halflife both in look and feel.

But I haven't played long enough to be comfortable with any of the player types; paratrooper, infantery, grenadier.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

OK --

I think I know why my Counterstrike isn't working on my computer. Every time I log on to gamespy.com to join a game, I get the following message:

your .dll (cl - dlls/client.dll) differs from the servers'

Both my dlls and dll folders in my "CStrike" folder are empty. Anyone here HAVE anything in their dlls and dll folders?

Jus' wondering ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Got it working ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Finally, my best outing to date.

On DGS, I believe. Italy ... small group, only 3 or 4 players per team.

I racked up 14 kills and 5 deaths (that is, I killed 14 dudes and only died 5 times myself) in the played matches (Ten or twelve or so, I guess).

I was very proud of myself. I was Death, armed with an MPNavy, a captured M16 (silenced), and an AK in one level.

I AM RULE!

Mess with Malnurtured Sow, taste lead.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

You said it, sister.
I'm going to try out a standard cordless logitech mouse on my computer for a while, see if the scroll wheel functions during CS and other 'net games.
I've had some unfortunate experiences with past Logitechs, but I noticed they released some sort of fix on their site. If all goes well, I'll be buying the new Cordless-Optical Mouseman Wheel Mouse in a few days. Got a sweet deal with a partner to the company.

So I'll be fragging some for the next days, I've already played through "Max Payne" twice now, so it's time to revisit the servers.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Actually, my friend Mike'll be over in a little bit, and we're going to try and get "WorldCraft" (the C-S level editor) working. If we can figure it out ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ugh. Nimrod:

I'm looking for the easiest C-S world editor you know of.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
Member # 205

Shooting from the hip, there are a ton of tools on the www.planethalflife.com homepage, under "Editing" and/or "Utilities". Those are primarily HalfLife Editors, but I think they must work for CS also. Try them, if there's a problem I suppose you could mail the site.
I didn't check FilePlanet but they have a lot of stough under Games:Action/HalfLife/Utiliies/ I think, but they list them kind of stupid so it can be hard to find...

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when I get back to college and get off of this retarded 56k line I'll be more then happy to play CS against you.

And yes I also play DOD.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps