Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Just reveling in my good fortune, don't mind me... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Just reveling in my good fortune, don't mind me...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the next month or so, I will be acquiring an 8x4x32 CD-RW drive, a scanner, a Thinkpad 560x laptop, and a Handspring Visor Deluxe PDA. I love having a job. Life is good.

Now if these things only attracted women...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a '98 Jeep Wrangler. I make between $500 - $600 a week (and I go to college full time!) Once finals are over, I will again be a bar hoppin' fool, and perhaps something will actually happen between me and Christine. I'm moving to a one-bedroom apartment in the spring. A semi-non-fiction slash semi-fiction story I wrote about 9/11 has a good chance of being published in an anthology the University of Maryland is putting together to help benefit the victims of 9/11.

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past two years, I've had a regular CD-ROM drive, a flatbed color scanner, a Gateway Solo 2500 laptop, and mini-legal pad with mechanical pencil. I also make $225 a week and drive a '98 Saturn SL2. I hope to be sharing a cheap apartment with a friend by the start of summer.

Once finals are over, I'm going to spend some quality time updating my website, maybe paying and setting up my own domain name, and working on a series of stories dealing with either Star Trek or my experiences working in the dorms (I haven't decided which would give me the greatest satisfaction).

I've learned that nothing material attracts the right women. Material possessions only bring out the shallow little b****s who do nothing but use you for their heinous purposes and lead you on and destroy any and all spark of esteem that you might have had.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seiggy doesn't have issues, BTW.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm... Yep. I surely do have some issues there, Liam, my boy.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just writing stuff. Trying to figure out whether or not any of my stuff is any good. Dreading things and what not.....
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: That 8x4x32 CD-RW drive isn't an Acer, is it? If so, just go ahead and flush your money down the toilet. It'll be as useful...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philips. Y'all check out compuvest.com. Incredible prices on burners.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a CD-RW drive - took 4 months before I used it, used it about 5 times (copied 5 CD's). I've heard that while the lower speed write drives are slow, they are more accurate and the data will not suffer from degrading as much as the others - also the quality will be better.

As for my life at the moment:

In my final year (I hope) at De Montfort University - christ what a dump. They don't give a shit about you, only your money. I've entered a writing competition (not much chance of me winning a thing mind you). Also plan to enter a few more and continue writing my novels that have been on the go for 11+ years!!!!! Well, the most recent redesign has been only 3-5 years . . .

After Uni. I plan to get a full-time job -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And to top it all off, we might be moving house in the next few months - oh joy!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, I'll go for it.

My life at the moment:

I go to high school, grade 12. I make between $150-$300 bi-weekly, depending on how many hours they give me to work (Christmas bonus next pay - yay!). I'm (not so) patiently awaiting the paperwork for my 88 Ranger to get finished so I can drive it. I have a 2 year old Compaq Presario 5477 that has served me well. The printer that came with it two Christmases ago has since fried, and my scanner and burner don't work with Windows 2000 (drivers & programs for them aren't new enough). And, of course, my personal website which was supposed to chronicle my life got stalled long ago which always happens. Never bothered to work on it...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
akb: I don't think that should be true. If your writer has a write speed of, say, 8x, and you use CDs that are rated for at least 8x, it should work perfectly. If not, there's probably something wrong.

Or am I mistaken?

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff. If you don't mind, I'd love to read that story of yours about 9/11.
IP: Logged
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My life? Well, I could make it sound good, and I suppose it certainly looks pretty good on paper, but I'd only be kidding myself. My life is shit.

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My turn!

I'm in love with the most incredible girl in the world, and we get to spend the rest of our lives together. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Pukes* I'll be glad when your bloody honeymoon period ends bud.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps