Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Either Hell's Frozen Over... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Either Hell's Frozen Over...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or God is about to pull a very nasty prank on me. Of the two, I hope it's the first option. I'm still in a bit of shock over this; it all happened so suddenly. I've had to sit down and read through my ICQ history several times to make sure that it happened. It looks like it has.

Ladies and Gentleman:
Siegfried is going on a date!

Yes! I'm finally going to get to go on my first date ever with a living, breathing, sober woman next Wednesday, February 13th. I'm going on a date. I'm actually going on a date. I'm so excited that I can hardly contain myself at the moment! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At a way to be.

Remember to shower first. And don't be too eager. [Wink]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget what Ben Stiller did in "Something about Mary" before his date. You want to be ready for anything.
Good Luck

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and none of your usual boobery.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Day before Valentine's Day? Hmmmm......

First Omega, and now Siegfried. Will wonders ever cease?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. Even Siegfried beat me...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since Siggy hasn't volunteered it, and since others aren't asking ...

Who is she?
Where and how did you meet?
How did you come to ask her out (or vice-versa)?
Where are you going?
What type of interogation do you expect from family members following this date?

[ February 06, 2002, 08:37: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell hasn't frozen over. I know this because things aren't working well with me and Leanne. Actually they are. For fear of going all Barcalow here, I gotta say I hate when girls like you only as a friend. Not that my situation is anything like the Major's
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interogation by her family members? On a first date? Heh...sorry, I wouldn't put up with any of that. I would suggest avoiding any sort of interogation from the 'rents if at all possible until there's actually something to be interogated about. One date does not a relationship make, and in my experience, far too few parents get that :0)

But yes...congrats. Be respectful, don't try to kiss her, and for the love of Pete, open the door for her [Smile]

That's all I've got. [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna, actually it's a fluke that we're going out on the day before Valentine's Day. I'm actually thankful for that since I depise Valentine's Day with a molten passion (see my signature, for instance). Plus, there isn't any "pressure" being induced by the stigma.

And here are the answers to Jeff's questions (before an Interrogation of Siegfried starts up):

Her name is Farah.

She and I attend the same college and share the same major. I was introduced to her about four years through a mutual friend of ours during a floor gathering for Star Trek Consumation Night. We've been friends ever since and have alwats had a flirting and teasing thing going on.

I asked her out on the date, but it wasn't my intention. She asked me for a favor, and (as is my standard response with her) I told her I'd do if she'd go out on a date with me. To my surprise she accepted.

The plan so far is to meet her at school and go out to dinner. Seeing a movie is not out of the equation, and neither has an evening walk through some of the more picturesque parts of the city. Yes, Houston actually has some nice places in it.

As far as family interrogations go, I'm probably not going to share a whole lot. I've always been very private about my love life with the family, but I'm at the least going to tell them that I am going on a date. My grandmother won't be too happy, though, she still considers me her upstanding Catholic grandson and probably wouldn't approve too much of me going on a date with an upstanding Muslim woman. As for Farah's family, they are not going to be told. They strongly disapprove of her dating (period) and would probably wouldn't be thrilled with her going on a date with me.

Aban, I know all about chivalry on the date. I pull out her chair, open the doors for her, throw my coat over puddles, no kissing on a first date, etc.

[ February 06, 2002, 10:17: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Chris! And remember, just be yourself. That's what attracted my girlfriend to me.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just kidding, Siegfried. Didn't mean to be offensive. You'd be surprised how many winners there out there who apparently don't know how to do all that stuff though...

Good luck, and have fun!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmm...tasty Muslim morsel. They can be some FIERY little sex kittens when they want to be.

Pictures. Produce. Now.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...tasty Muslim morsel. They can be some FIERY little sex kittens when they want to be."

Because all members of a given religion are identical, of course... *rolls eyes*

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Star Trek Consumation Night
You realize what this sounds like...
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps