Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What is love? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: What is love?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only for a while. Then it fluctuated between me and you. And then I took permanent control! HAHAHAHA!!!

Um... That is a good thing, right? Right? Oh.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the deer hunter creeps up on you....

Love is picking up the third sneeze when your wife only sneezes twice....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I thought the same thing, but I think he was referring specifically to his own marriage, which, presumably, has thus far lasted five years.

Nope, married her last year. We lived together for quite awhile. (Not five years.) [Smile]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Given your wording, it sounds like you're talking about a situation you're currently experiencing.

Nothing gets past you, does it Timmy?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is a bright one now, isn't he? [Wink]

Tim, that's easier said than done in this situation.... why? Because I'm not even DATING him! So it's kinda hard to dump him when I'm not dating him.....

Stupid boy.

We were supposed to take a trip to Seattle this weekend- my car, 'cause he's without one right now, and I was taking him to meet up with some of his air force buddies, then I was going to spend some time with my friends. Well, he changed the plans on me (remember: My car, my gas, MY TIME!) and decided that it'd just be a day trip. We'd leave this morning, go to Hooters with his friends, and then we'd drive bvack after that.

"Sorry sweety... there's really not going to be any time for you to go see your friends. I need you to be at Hooters with me and the boys so they can see you..."

Nope. Nada. Not gonna play that game. I'm not going to risk my life TWICE in a day by driving over a pass that my car isn't equipped to handle, especially after dark, so that he can get wasted at Hooters and show me off. I tried to compromise when I said I'd take him (it WAS a trip for both of us, at first), he pushed to have it his way or no way, so we're not going. It's not worth the gas $, it's not worth putting 1000mi on my car, it's not worth the stress, it's not worth the fact that I'm LOSING money 'cause I'd have to call in sick all day to go, and it's REALLY not worth letting him think he can have whatever the f*ck it is he wants.

I DID really want to see my friends, but it's just too dangerous of a drive right now to take alone, so I'll go later.
Stupid boy. BUt I'm not bitter.

And now he's pouting about it. He's such a woman! Sh*t. It's just so f*cking lame.

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Down killer.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in love, unlike, it seems, many people here, so I'll try to give an idea of what it's like. However people have been trying for thousands of years so I doubt my attempt will be much good. 8)

What I feel for my wife is unlike anything I've felt for anyone before. I thought I'd been in love, but it seems I haven't, really. Sometimes I just sit back and think about it all and it takes my breath away. Speaking of which, some soppy love aongs start to make sense all of a sudden. And I find myself blubbing at the end of films like You've Got Mail.

I was a loner who by and large enjoyed my own company. The idea of wanting to spend all my time with someone, like I do now, would have seemed unbelievable to me two years ago. We think the same way in a lot of situations, the same thing occurs to us as something to say at the same time. We pick the same item off a menu as the one thing we'd really like to try - and quite often pick the same number-two choice as well, so we can have one each and try a bit of both.

And the sex is terrific. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should hope the last part improved, not being alone anymore and all.....

Finishing your sentenances for you, and not being angry about it is another thing... The person that you love can do things that if other people did them you'd want to kill them over....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:

What I feel for my wife is unlike anything I've felt for anyone before. I thought I'd been in love, but it seems I haven't, really. Sometimes I just sit back and think about it all and it takes my breath away. Speaking of which, some soppy love aongs start to make sense all of a sudden. And I find myself blubbing at the end of films like You've Got Mail.

And the sex is terrific. 8)

Yeah. All of those things were what I was experincing earlier this year. (Except, well, I'm not too keen on getting myself a wife.) Along with everything just feeling...RIGHT. I mean, every touch, look, everything just had this feeling as if it were the most normal thing in the world for us. Like we were one together.

Thing is, even though he walked away five months ago...a lot of it lingers. I still think of him when I hear romantic songs, or somehow place him in movies and stories that turn lovey-dovey. The hardest part of all of this has been sticking to my guns about it. I mean, a huge chunk of me wants to just up and track him down in NYC but another part of me knows that I need this education I am getting before I can do myself any good, career-wise. Which was the major cause of the breakup in the first place. He was impatient and didn't want to wait the 10 months for me to graduate. And no matter how I have tried to move on, something always gets in the way of me going with someone else. (Mainly the guy's girl. Grr.)

Ohhhh. And to top it off. He talked to one of our mutual friends yesterday and she kinda played along not knowing we had broken up. When she asked him if he had broken it off to move....he said "for the time being."

What the hell?

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm lonely and I love it
Woe is me but I'm above it
If that's how it feels to get your heart broken
Break my heart again

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since my meaning was not necessarily covered by an epigraph: Sometimes maybe it is OK to break up.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is one part obsession, two parts lust, three parts endorphines, and all mixed together to create something that makes me settle down with a guy instead of doing what single guys do at a Saturday night.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sit in an overstuffed armchair watching Food Network and crying that your life is nothing like it should be and desperating praying that God would give the opportunity to press the giant reset button so that you could set things right?

Oh, wait, that's what I do on Saturday nights. Nevermind.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not talking from a wealth of experience here (unlike Lee who is having TEh G000d S3XXXXX!!! But he cries as You've Got Mail, so he's obviously suffered head trauma of some kind), but I'd describe it as something like:

"Love is getting the opportunity to have sex with your best friend, and not minding when you don't have sex with them."

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That's almost as good as the ice weasels quote...
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps