Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Greetings from Brighton (Page 2)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Greetings from Brighton
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you saying she's a big fat man there, Andrew?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pictures. Required.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lumperjack....

What is a Lumper.... and do I really want to know...

Is a lumperjack one that travels with knowheads, ensuring the proper knottiness of the individual??

I remember it being chily and rainy when I had my 4-Day Pass there.... A few of the pubs, only barely, and never ask for a beer in german, they tend to look at you and ask "What??", which I can't say I blame them....

Now, to one day visit and be sober.... That may be an interesting experience too....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Typical. Snowing everywhere except here.

Ha-ha!

Not that it was a terribly impressive snowfall; but at least the weather is trying to be seasonal... even if it is a bit late.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering that it's snowed in Christmas Day precisely never in my memory, I can't say I'm surprised.

If we do get anything, it's usually in February.

So, Diane, are you on university computers? Can you get ICQ, or ICQ-lite? Or is it e-mail and super trendy message board only?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Are you saying she's a big fat man there, Andrew?

No! She might have wanted to start her stay in Brighton with a random act of destruction, that's all! [Smile]

T'was a joke.

Mesa don't meens nosy wuudness!!

Sorry just finished watching TPM DVD.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

That's no excuse for anything. It's like saying "sorry for being rude, I've just brutally murdered my parents", or something.

Brighton does need more random acts of destruction. And if there's one thing that can supply that, it's an American with a temper.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Brighton does need more random acts of destruction."

Swindon.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...never ask for a beer in german, they tend to look at you and ask 'What??'..."

So, they do the same thing as in any other country that isn't Germany or right next to Germany?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Well, the other countries might say "ke?", or "pardone?", and so forth, but the point is valid. You may pass.

--------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It snows a little in the morning but clears by the time I get up. There was rain in London the day I got here, but nearly none since then. We've had sun EVERY day, though it gets cloudy in the evening. Sure, it's friggin cold in the afternoon, but not too bad on the whole.

I went on a bus tour yesterday and saw the collapsed west pier. Did it really only collapse last week? It looked like it's been like that for years. Kind of hauntingly beautiful though. We also toured the Royal Pavilion yesterday. It was REALLY cool. Part of it is that they always talk about it in romance novels, but it's fascinating on its own. My favorite parts were the dragon chandelier and the mosaic portrait of George IV.

Liam: No, I don't get ICQ since we're not allowed to download it on the school computers. It'll have to be email. I got my class schedule today, and I only have classes on Thursdays and Fridays. Woohoo! Email me (Lee and MaGiC too) and let me know when we all have time to meet in London.

--------------------
life creation in progress

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

See? I told you we do bugger all work.

Except around exam time.

I have an exam on Wednesday.

Ahhhhh!

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziyal, you should have brought a laptop with you... if you had money to buy one. It's much easier to use than school computers that don't let you use things like ICQ or even America Online.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
It's much easier to use than school computers that don't let you use things like ICQ or even America Online.

Yes. They also don't let you swallow rat poison, which is only mildly more painful that using AOL.

For that matter, how would you use it? Uni computers are already connected to the internet, after all. So using an ISP would be rather...pointless?

Plus, with a laptop, she'd need to get a house with a landline, pay for an internet connection, blah blah...

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need Ziyal's email address. Of course, most of the world now has my mobile phone number and that's what I mostly use to conduct my social life. Except tomorrow, when my wife (who left hers at work) has to go to Manchester so is taking my mobile with her. I feel naked already.

*looks down*

Well, that explains that, then - I forgot I'd already gone to bed before I got up to use the computer. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps